Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#54 ·
Here's Tian-Tian's new 2.5 gal. tank. :) Very simple, non-cluttered and... Zen-like? Lol. Submersible heater's in the back, no filter. The tall grass he's on is his FAVORITE. :roll:
I know the picture quality is awful; webcameras fail at picture-taking. :-(
Hopefully I'll be able to invest in a good camera soon!

#56 ·
you got him a new tank! it looks nice. that's that grass i have, yup. :) they really love it, don't they? i like the 3 rocks in the back. Maybe he will garden. I bet a little terra cotta flower pot would look super cute in there (and it's reallllly inexpensive...)

#55 · (Edited)
All these tanks are so beautiful!! I envy the 10 gallons. I have a 10 gallon in my basement with a light but I don't have anywhere to put it. My guys are in the only safe spot where the cats can't jump up and after closer inspection i realized it wouldn't hold the weight of a 10 gal. And, of course, I'd feel bad putting 1 guy into a 10 gal and leaving the other in a 3 gal, so I'd have to have 2 10 gallons....I'm doing th ebest I can to cozy up the 3 gals until i have more space to give them.

Fishyinpa: i love the color of those glass stones! they are a beautiful blue! :) they complement Elvis nicely.

#57 ·
here's cosmos tank.... still need to get a few plants!!

#60 ·
aw cute! i haven't seen mine get close to it yet LOL... Cosmo seems to love fighting the current from his filter in my tank.... and if im laying in bed he swims up and down the side of the tank im on like crazy...

i love him!, goign to get another betta tomorrow, they're addicting!!

#62 · (Edited)
I think most of us here are addicted. lol Some of us worse than others.
Ya, Tell me about it,
I started out with just one, then another came along and another and the story continues, Till now I have so many I gave up counting!

Really bad thing is I still want more,

-------
Called Walmart earlier today to see if they got a shipment in, (cause they haven't the past few times)
They said they did, ya,
But Wouldn't be selling any for a few days,, Sooo

I'm thinking maybe I might end up to walmarts this weekend :)

#64 · (Edited)
Do you have to buy your food and conditioner by the case? I'm hoping to get 2 more next week.
Not yet,
But they do come in pretty large jugs at the fish store, Only takes a little bit, So a jug goes a long way..costs about $ 65.00 a jug for the conditioner.

I have a shelf full of food and a big bag full of frozen foods, I don't want to run out, For sure.

I asked Walmart today if they were gonna be getting any more of the 1 gallon tanks I liked,
So said no, Man That really annoyed me, Cause now I'm gonna have to start looking elsewhere for what I want and that means a 3 to 5 hour drive one way for me, ... grr

#67 ·
CHicklet, I just read your post on water changes. Ignore that. But i'm still curious about where you keep all the tanks. And i still like the gerbil. :p

Have any of you considered approaching breeders to see if they have stock they don't want? Some of them have SO MANY FISH that they'll give them away for free. They hand them out at shows and send away surprise bettas. Often, they're better quality healthwise than pet stores. I've heard terrible stories of some breeders leaving the poor guys out to die because they have nowhere to go with them. So maybe that's an option instead of walmarts/petstores?

#68 · (Edited)
Chicklet, I love your tanks! They are so colorful and pretty!! And i love how you snuck in a photo of a Gerbil.....

How often do you do water changes? And what does a whole view of your house look like with so many tanks?!
Gotta snicker on that one,
How often do you do water changes?
Simple put, Everyday!
I'm often up way into the night (3:00 last night before I finally got to bed, Finished changing some tanks water, fed abit, Then crashed) back up at 8 this morning.. already changed, Let me think, 11 tanks with new waters so far,..

And what does a whole view of your house look like with so many tanks?
I've had nearly everyone that steps thru the door stops in shock for a min before they catch themselves,
Trust me, I've had a lot of comments on it,
Planning on turning one whole wall into a hugh stand for fish tanks, Looks like I'm gonna have to build that myself, Oh well, Might be fun :)

i love how you snuck in a photo of a Gerbil
My daughter runs a small private gerbil rescue, thats one of the many babies she has :)

Have any of you considered approaching breeders to see if they have stock they don't want?
No breeders anywhere near me that I'm aware of in that capacity

#70 ·
well i finally uploaded my pictures ! and i got 2 new tanks !
one for pebbles, and one for maximus.

pebbles in her new tank, and the old one in front

her new one 2.7 gal

lucifers lovely home. 3.5 gal

maximus's new.. i beleive either 1 or 1.5 gal

maximus loves his new home, hes constantly swimming and fighting with his reflection! what a cutie.

#72 ·
Yes all very nice indeed!

I went to Walmart today, They have a nice white male Betta there I wouldn't mind getting,
But, their not selling until tomorrow, Bummer,
They didn't get any females in this shipment either,
Might try to get down early tomorrow and get that Male.

I did purchase 40 new fish yesterday tho,
Platies and Swordtails and hubby bought me another 10 gallon tank for my birthday, What a sweetie :)

#75 ·
My micro aquarium

Here's the best pics I've been able to take of my aquarium. It's only 1.5 gallon but the filter does 100 gallons and hour. The water's a little cloudy because I stirred up the gravel putting in the flower pots. The fish is a male betta (Siamese Fighting Fish) and was just put into the aquarium. The green is live Java Moss and minor algal growth on the sides of the tank. It's lit by a single 10Watt Compact Flourescent 6500 degree Kelvin lamp. The water will clear to near crystal in a few hours. There's also a single Ghost Shrimp in the tank, the second one died just tonight.

Sark

PS: OH! His name is Yurei. That's Japanese for "Ghost"

I had to diffuse the outlet water from the pump to make it calm enough for a betta to live. I was inspired by this DIY project on Instuctables.com (I LOVE this site, I get lost on it for hours.) My diverter is different in that it's mostly submerged, open on the right AND left sides, has holes, and spiral grooves that reduce the current by twisting the water to use up the energy of the flow.

Sure, here ya go: http://www.instructables.com/id/How_...ter_with_Just/

Here's my version and a video of it in use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2xx74Sh4-U

This is copied from another forum where I'd made the original post.
I know how to take much better pics, unfortunately my camera's very old and nearly useless.

#668 ·
Here's the best pics I've been able to take of my aquarium. It's only 1.5 gallon but the filter does 100 gallons and hour. The water's a little cloudy because I stirred up the gravel putting in the flower pots. The fish is a male betta (Siamese Fighting Fish) and was just put into the aquarium. The green is live Java Moss and minor algal growth on the sides of the tank. It's lit by a single 10Watt Compact Flourescent 6500 degree Kelvin lamp. The water will clear to near crystal in a few hours. There's also a single Ghost Shrimp in the tank, the second one died just tonight.

Sark

PS: OH! His name is Yurei. That's Japanese for "Ghost"

I had to diffuse the outlet water from the pump to make it calm enough for a betta to live. I was inspired by this DIY project on Instuctables.com (I LOVE this site, I get lost on it for hours.) My diverter is different in that it's mostly submerged, open on the right AND left sides, has holes, and spiral grooves that reduce the current by twisting the water to use up the energy of the flow.

Sure, here ya go: http://www.instructables.com/id/How_...ter_with_Just/

Here's my version and a video of it in use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2xx74Sh4-U

This is copied from another forum where I'd made the original post.
I know how to take much better pics, unfortunately my camera's very old and nearly useless.
LOVEEE this tank! I'm thinking about planting a little 1.5g myself... :)

#76 ·
really wish people would downsize their picture sizes in kb,
It kills me dead in the water with so many big pictures that I have to avoid these threads.
Unfortunately there is still alot of us forced to use dialup.

#77 ·
This is home to my Betta `Shimmer`, along with Guppies, Platys, Cory`s, Mollys and a Pleco:

Reactions: Betta20165
#79 ·
Thanks Jingle :-D

I love the Galleon in the tank, got it for a really good price from a Seller on ebay :)
Yes my avatar is a pic of Shimmer, he`s my first ever Betta but I`m sure there will be some more to follow! lol

I added some led lights to the tank today seeing as the hub and the lights are mega cheap in my local aquatic shop at the moment, it certainly gives the tank a different look.

Reactions: Betta20165
#81 ·
Unfortunately I found my pleco dead and half eaten this morning :-(

I decided to go to the LFS to get another one after I`d tested the tank water to make sure all was ok, but.......

I ended up buying another Betta, a new tank for him, blue gravel, a heater, a small fluval filter, new plants and a bridge!! So much for coming home with just another pleco :oops:

I`ve decided to call my new boy Lamai, Siamese for `Soft` (I pinched it from here: 20000-NAMES.COM: Female Thai Names, Siamese Names, Page 1 of 1--meaning, origin, etymology) I know it`s a female name but it seems apt for the way Lamai moves and it`s an anagram of my husbands name too! :)

Anyway, here`s a picture of Lamais` new home