Betta Fish Forum banner

What is this? I don't get....

1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Neil D 
#1 ·
My friend sent me this picture on Facebook (and yes, that's me who commented on it!).

I don't know how big these vodka bottles are but look to be about 2 liters. Poor fish. :( Anyone know anything about this?

See less See more
#6 ·
I don't even want to know how they get them out..............

#7 ·
I think the question is... how did they get them in there? o_O

The bettas in the photos aren't clamped, and I do see live plants in there... it might be possible they're not in as horrible conditions as one might think, but still .5 gallons are too tiny. :p

#8 ·
Its off the topic of bettas but about small bottles.... My sister's best friend had her wedding in Los Vegas and her reception was in town yesterday... On each table they put glass flower vases with an narrow neck, blue polished glass as grave and put 3-4 feeder gold fish in them... its was less then half a gallon of water in each vase.. i took the one on my table home with me and i had trouble getting out one of the fishies.... T_T I feel sorry for all the others that i couldnt take with me... I cant imagine it being an easy task to clean out these bottles if i couldnt even get a gold fish out of a vase...

#13 ·
That reminds me of an ad i saw on Kijiji. This betta "breeder" was selling bettas and on the ad she wrote "perfect for a centrepiece at a wedding" ... I couldn't believe it.

In all honesty, those fish in the liquor bottles could be pretty happy. I would hope they are taken care of well but I wouldn't trust using an alcohol bottle for a fish. They wouldn't to have a heater in there either. But anything is better than a little cup in a pet store.

#9 ·
That's really sad. Bettas COULD tolerate small spaces, but the poor goldfish. Can you just imagine how constricted they must feel?

#10 ·
>,< I know! I have them in a one gallon tank right now since they are soo small... O_O but i know i'll have to upgrade soon lol

#12 ·
She let the guest take them home... they'll probably end up like the gold fish i won back in elementary school, even though i loved that fish... i didnt know how to properly take care of it... RIP Tenths (idk why i name him that but i do remember burring him in the back yard when he died.)

#15 ·
It's really disgusting and these people have no regard for the quality (or lack) of life for these animals. What is wrong with them?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.