Betta Fish Forum banner

Where is the best place???

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I am going to finally get a betta :), I think this sight convinced me, and I want to know what would be the best place to get one. At my LFS, they have nice bettas, but so does Wal Mart. I've heard stories of wal mart fish dying and all that, but everyone has mixed opinions...what would you recommend?...Seeing as most people here are avid betta fish owners:)

#5 ·
Well the BEST place to buy would be from Aquabid.com or a betta breeder in your area but those are too expensive of a pet for most of us. Out of those choices I would probably go to Petco as they probably have more supplies for your betta (if you need them) and I dont know how good Walmarts return policy is in case something bad happens.

#9 ·
I got my bettas from several different stores lol. Three from my lfs,one from petsmart and my halfmoon from petco. All seem fine pretty much. The only ones that look horrible are the ones at walmart. I feel so bad for them.

#11 ·
There ya go. My petsmart never has females,but my lfs does. Petco like you said has the other tail types. Petsmart here anyways,just has vts mostly. Dont think I ever seen other tail types there.

#14 ·
Well, I went to Wal mart today, and no fish...they aren't going to get a shipment till friday, but seeing the condition other fish were in made me change my mind....it was so sad. The majority of the fish in each tank were dead, and I just don't feel right, oh well, I'll guess I'll just check Petco

#15 ·
I went to my local Petco today and as far as selection, they have different kinds of Betta. I actually saw a few King Betta there!
They only had a few Betta over all and maybe 3 females total.
Petsmart has only 2 kinds of Betta, but more of a selection of both male and female.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.