Betta Fish Forum banner

Saved

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  popcornprincess 
#1 ·

Stopped by my local petsmart earlier in the week do grab some feeders for my Oscar then something caught my eye at the Betta section, saw this really nice pearly white plakat but the label said dragon scale, I haven't picked up a betta in over 15yrs. I'm glad I picked this fella up :p

I think it's a Male?

See less See more
#8 ·
Wow! He's preeeeeeetty!!! And it's good that the 0.5gal is just temporary. Just make sure to keep the temp between 76 and 80. It's tough in those tiny tanks but they need warmer water as they are tropical fish. If you get a bigger tank you'll be able to put a heater in. :-D

#10 ·
Stopped by my local petsmart earlier in the week do grab some feeders for my Oscar then something caught my eye at the Betta section, saw this really nice pearly white plakat but the label said dragon scale, I haven't picked up a betta in over 15yrs. I'm glad I picked this fella up :p

I think it's a Male?
He is really beautiful! Also when you say feeders do you mean goldfish? They aren't good for Oscars contrary to popular believe. The best diet for an Oscar is a high quality pellet supplemented with healthy human foods such as shrimp, fruit if you can get them to eat it. You can also feed them crickets, waxworks, and mealworms.

Here's a excellent article about feeding Oscars on a very good Oscar forum :)
http://www.oscarfish.com/article-home/oscars/170-oscar-fish-diet-feeding-an-oscar-fish.html

#12 ·
Thanks Copperarabian, My Oscar is a picky little eater, I used to feed him pellets and crickets but since he got bigger he decided to eat all the small fish in the tank, he likes to chase his food and does not like anything that doesn't move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.