Betta Fish Forum banner

Guess What!?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Zeetrain 
#1 ·
Well as some of you may know we were looking to get a new 29g to start a sorority and community. Well my friend has one but she's moving and she was giving it away so I asked for it and she said yes! We might pick it up today or sometime this week! And even better news she told me the tank has been running for quite a while which means it's cycled which means if we have time to go to Petco today I could start stocking it.:-D I'm sooo happy and can't wait to pick out a few females at Petco. Gaaah I'm soo excited haha

#6 ·
I also think it's going to be fun to see who the alpha girl is going to be because my girl Jade is fiesty but tiny haha.My other female Ruby is pretty big but she's not all that aggresive so I think it'll be fun to watch the pecking order.
And it also depends on the temperament of the other girls I get.

#8 ·
Make sure you don't add the new girls right away. Your going to need to quarantine them for at least a week. IMO you should quarantine them for no less than 3 weeks. You don't want one sick girl to kill the whole sorority.

If the tank is cycled (I would test it before moving it, you should have 0 ammonia, nitrite and 0-20 nitrate), make sure you keep the substrate and the filter media wet at all times and you should be able to keep your cycle that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.