Betta Fish Forum banner

Buying directly from breeder

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  bambijarvis 
#1 ·
I am looking for info and recommendations on buying a betta from a breeder inside the U.S. Has anyone done business with anyone they would recommend? I am shopping for a dragon scale, plakat type male betta. A black one would be wonderful. I've seen a few breeders on the internet, but I'd like to hear about everyone's positive and/or negative experiences with breeders before jumping in with both feet. All input welcome :cool:

#2 ·
many others and myself have had negative experiences with Chard56's bettas. I know a few breeders who do PKs but I don't know if they do dragon PKs. I know a breeder who does dragon HMs but not PKs. Good luck on your search.

#3 ·
Thanx

Thanks for your info, Tx. I do appreciate it. If I can't locate a dragon scale PK, I'd be okay with a dragon HM. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful :cool:

#7 ·
I too have heard great things about Chard56 from many other users....and constantly drool over his fish in Aquabid (wishing I didn't live in Canada and could actually buy some!). Basement Bettas is another reputable breeder who participates in the forum here.

#10 ·
We are not gonna argue this Richard, Kirrikat14 asked about breeders and I gave my experience. That is all.

#13 ·
I gave my opinion. Kirrikat14 asked for positive and/or negative feedback. I gave my feedback about positive and negative feedback. Let's not argue this on another website. I just gave feedback. End of story. I didn't say what the experience was I just said I had a negative experience. Let's drop this before this gets worse.

Myates on here has some fabulous bettas as does a few others that I don't know their username on here.

#14 ·
Thanks Matt but we've been through this when they blew up my face book page. It was a bad transaction all the way around and I'm sorry it turned out like it did but things happen. I certainly didn't mean to have it turn ugly but she's intitled to her opinion.

#16 ·
I was thinking about asking if you'd like something else to make up for your bad experience but wasn't sure how to go about it and whether you'd be acceptable to it or not. If anyone has had a bad experience with me or anyone else they need to address it and discuss it with the seller. Not saying anything or bringing it up later after the fact isn't helping either party.

#21 ·
Thanks to everyone for their input and opinions. I have never ordered on Aquabid, confessing that the site intimidated me just a bit. I'm going to give it another try now that I have some names of breeders to look for and, hopefully, will find just the right betta for me. Thank you all very much!

#23 ·
Chard is great customer service wise, but the fish aren't the best quality, imo, breeding wise. I've seen some gorgouse fish from them though.
Keep an eye on the spawnlog forum and classifieds when people have a spawn it'll usually end up there.

Otherwise you can search by location on aquabid, just read the reviews left by other buyers and realize people do have lives and if you message them it can take a day or two to get a reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.