Betta Fish Forum banner

10 gallon Setup!!!!!!

554 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  roypattonphoto 
#1 ·
I setup my 10 gallon i am going to use to house my betta fish when i get it. I have a mug from the thrift store that i boiled before putting it in.
And have a few plants so far, but will get more today.

I am going to buy a piece of driftwood in the middle.

Could i grow some Bamboo inside?

#3 ·
Personally I would not try to grow bamboo in the aquarium. Bamboo is not supposed to be fully submerged. Only the roots and some of the stem is okay to be under water. The leaves on the other hand need to be out of the water, otherwise they tend to rot.

But you could always grow bamboo until it is tall enough to place in the aquarium so that the leaves will be out of the water. I have seen many do that.

#4 ·
Make sure the drift wood you use is made for an aquarium, ones that are int he reptile section are usually not suitable for a fish tank.

Try getting some nice silk plants, and be careful when looking into plastic- they tend to shred fins. Use a pair of hosiery by dragging the plant across it to see if it would snag fins.

Cant wait for pictures!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.