Betta Fish Forum banner

Big Difference Tonight!

848 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  New2Betas 
#1 ·
We did our first 50% water change on our two Betta's tanks tonight... their water temp had been about 74-76 degrees...Well we finally got the water temp to 76 in her Betta's tank (from 74 degrees) and 78 degrees in my boy's (from 76) ! and wow is there a big difference in their behavior..:shock: they're super active tonight and playful... never seen them so active..

we added 1/4 tsp aquarium salt this time (since we only did a 50% water change), added some water conditioner, rinsed their plants and rock caves with clean water, after that we floated them in their cups to let them adjust to the little increase in the water temp, then slowly added some of the new water to their cup so the water change wouldnt be a shock to them... now they're extremely happy...

oh and we found out why my little guy wasnt eating.. :roll: apparently he does not like the hikari betta pellets, and is a flake food kind of guy!

Just want to say thank you to everyone who has put up with my incessant questions this week, didn't realize there was so much to take into consideration with Bettas and we would have been lost this week (or insane) if not for the kind folks on this forum who have been so helpful.. t

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.