Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2015, 02:38 PM   #3101 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol thanks blu.

Yeah, I meant to take pics today but haven't gotten around to it yet. I should be able to do it tonight though but don't hold me to it
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:28 AM   #3102 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So I made a Journal for my Leopard Gecko's if you haven't seen it already, it's over in journals somewhere.

I took some pictures last night, it's been hard to take pictures lately, for one because of my classes but also because of that fall I took last week where I slipped on ice and busted up my knee, it's almost healed now which is good. I pretty much kneel while taking pictures so that's been a little difficult lately. But here's what I took last night:

I'm very proud of Jag and his recovery! He hasn't bitten much if at all in a while! So key is to keep him away from other fish....guess he'll be a permanent resident in the 2.5 ^_^

One of the bigger Sparkler babies with one of the female guppy

Rowan!

Sammy boy

Trap, still dark as night lol

Pierce. Not totally sure why but I really like this picture.

Alloy

He had another big bubblenest in the corner there but I ruined it when I had to wipe all the algae off the acrylic, he wasn't so happy about that.

His tank, the dwarf hairgrass is doing amazing lol. I need some shrimp in there to clean it up >.< I doubt he'd co-exist with shrimp though

So funny story time.
I was looking at the baby Betta's in the 29 breeder box and suddenly this little yellow fry came up and I was like 'what the?? I don't remember having a YELLOW fry!' and then I realized it wasn't in the breeder box, it was between the box and the glass and that's when I realized it was a little guppy fry! So I scooped it out and put it in with the two little Betta's, they're all about the same size.

The orange Betta is the one with a slightly crooked spine, though it seems almost like it straightened out some....but at first I thought it was going to die since it seemed weaker than the healthy red one, but apparently he took a turn for the better and is all spunky. He immediately went up to the guppy and just like a Betta; has to bite it to inspect to find out what it is. The poor guppy was all frightened and swam away towards the Red betta, that Betta was also interested in the guppy but didn't bite it thankfully, just kept following it around lol. Baby Betta's are hilarious! But in the end they're all getting along and eating together just fine too. Babies are fed once a day and they snack on the decap brine shrimp all day but still only get worms once a day or every other day since that's what I have. I have to check my grindal worm culture >.<

This is the red one, it's hard to tell the difference in pictures though. In real life this guy is super red and the other is lighter

This is the orange one inspecting the poor guppy fry

Red fry and guppy below it

That's it for now, I may take more pictures later today since I don't have any classes today, whoopee!!!
Old 01-23-2015, 08:56 AM   #3103 
litelboyblu

Awesome! I love your pics as always!!

Your fry story is hilarious! You just don't ever know what your going to expect, personality wise. Which makes it all the more fun!

The life of Bettas is an adventure to enjoy.. Huh!?
litelboyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #3104 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Absolutely! I love these little ones ^_^ Oh and they have all their fins including the anal fin as well! They're developing at a decent rate considering I hardly ever do water changes to the 29 lol
Old 01-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #3105 
litelboyblu

lol their going to be beautiful once all grown up!!!
litelboyblu is offline   Reply With Quote