Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #61 
Vergil

Not necessarily to sue in court, but at least if there are reports of her doing such things then at least it stacks up in her records esp if she tries to hurt other animals and she wants to put them to sleep because she got bitten/clawed/tackled/etc.
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #62 
aquafin

I know it can be difficult to cut ties with her since she has been a friend to you for so long but I agree that you should tell her you don't appreciate the way she treats your animals, and keep her away from your dog. I was over at one of my friend's houses about a year and a half ago and she had gotten a new fish tank, pretty small, not sure what kind of fish were in there because their water was so dirty I couldn't see them. I didn't know much about fish then (before I became a fish owner) and I said something about the tank and she said "I feel so bad for them, their water is so dirty and I don't clean it." ........?
aquafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #63 
Ilovebettasbk11

Wow this poor bettas stories glad I am changing mines water soon

I can't believe some people how neglectful they can be :(
Ilovebettasbk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #64 
Bluewind

Any updates hun?
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #65 
Blue Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
+1 on WhitneyLin's comments.

Do NOT let this person ANYWHERE near your dog. If your dog bites her, the dog can be seized. It does NOT matter if you feel this person provoked it. Animal Control will be called in. "Best case" - your dog will be put under "house arrest." Or the dog can be quarantined at the Animal Shelter for 14 days. And if this person convinces authorities that the dog is aggressive, the dog can be euthanized.

This person is not just immature. She poses a potential threat to all of your pets. Personally, if you wish to continue associating with her, my advice is to keep her OUT of your house and AWAY from your pets. Also, if you decide to continue spending time with her, write a list of everything she has done to your pets AND make sure your parents (assuming you're living with them) know everything about this.

If you doubt this, call the local shelter or Animal Control. Ask them what happens to a dog that bites someone, even if the person was harassing the dog. (And remember, that it will be your word against hers. She'll say that she did nothing.)
Oh, absolutely, I'm sure there are several people who've said this as well, but in terms of animal biting, the authorities kill first and ask questions, if ever, later.
I understand why they feel that it is necessary to put down a dog that bites for general safety and an inability to look into every case and get the entire story...But it absolutely means that it is the responsibility of the **owner** to PREVENT a bite from ever happening in any circumstances.

On the rest of this...
You need to cut ties with this girl. Tell your parents what she's doing if you need to in order to make sure that you have adult back-up on this to prevent her from coming to your home. She's going out of her way to torment you, and part of that is by hurting her fish. She knows it makes you angry, and so she's going to neglect it to death and continue this cycle until she can no longer get a rise out of you. It's very simple bully behavior, and it's pathetic. You don't need it in your life, and by taking away her ability to bother you, you may actually be helping her fish, and you're definitely going to keep your own pets safer.

I'm not sure that I'd call her a psychopath, there are very clear DSM-IV qualifications for this, but MANY teenagers and some young children WILL display these types of characteristics because they have not been taught better, they're looking for attention, something is wrong at home or school...the list goes on and on.

There is nothing realistically you can do to/about her, or to help her fish, and the only option left to you is to distance yourself from her and her ridiculously childish antics. It would be easier to make a new friend and have an actual friendship than it will be to continue dealing with this horrid child.

Last edited by Blue Fish; 04-06-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:57 AM   #66 
aselvarial

This is NOT a good friend. She's not even a good person. Many sociopaths that later turn into serial killers all started out torturing animals. At BEST, she is a total narcisist, and that isn't someone you want associating with anyway. The fastest way I've made friends is through my pets. If one cannot respect my pets, I tend to lose all interest in them.
aselvarial is offline   Reply With Quote