Betta Fish Forum banner

Iri's update! Baby betta growing up

2K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  Kiara1125 
#1 ·
I love this little baby! (S)he hangs out near the front of it's tank pretty much all day, watching me like a tiny creeper haha :) It has the weirdest color so far, green-ish under flash, but purple-y blue/red under normal light.

Day 1

Today (10 days later)

See less See more
#2 ·
What a find! I've never seen a baby DT before! :D s/he's beautiful!

#3 ·
Omg, I just squealed! Cutest little thing ever! How big is the tank btw? It looks like a palace for such a tiny little guy

#7 ·
It's only 5 gallons! The Marineland Cresent 5 is currently on sale for $37.49 at Petsmart. Actually that heater was priced decently as well, it's adjustable and seems to hold an even temp, but it's only 8". I'd never heard of the brand (ViaAqua), but it was well reviewed. Iri seems very content :)

#10 ·
That's it! I'm stealing him!! When will you be out of the house? Haha!!!

#13 · (Edited)
Hahaha never!!!!

Here's some more pics! Sorry for spamming everyone, he's on my desk and I love his little face! And my camera is right here, so far he doesn't seem to mind being photographed, he's nosy so he probably likes it.

Hahahahahaha

Dark smudges on his face?

Also, some dots coming up on the body near the tail

"Hey ya'll!" ~Iri

Cruising

#14 ·
Iri is so adorable! :3 I personally think that the dark smudges is new coloring coming in. He seems perfect.

#21 ·
I got Iri at Petco, as others have mentioned. I'm seems to be controversial, and my research post baby betta purchase leads me to believe that the babies are way more work and it seems like a lot of them don't make it. I don't regret getting Iri, but I don't know that I'd have gotten a baby first if I'd known in advance. Well, yeah I would have gotten Iri :p Cutest little black eyes!

#20 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll post more pics soon, I took 84 today haha. (S)he's just pretty photogenic and an attention hog. I'm so happy to have this little one on my desk, watching it swim around is really relaxing. Though other than eating, it's new favorite thing to do is swim around in circles around the top of the heater, and attempt to ineffectually eat(I guess?) the rubber portion.

Honestly, I'm not really sure! The Tetra whisper filter that came with this aquarium seems to produce a froth of bubbles, but from the other side. Also, it doesn't help that I've never actually seen a betta make a bubblenest!

#23 ·
Iri's coloring up nicely! My baby betta, Dipstick, is just in a divided 10g with two other adult male CTs. They never get in together or anything, but I don't think he's that much of a hassle. He's plump with infusoria and other microscopic things in the tank. He resides with a baby tiger platy and about 10 RCS. He's Barely outgrowing the platy, but that will change soon. I do water changes like I normally would and I honestly don't give Dip any special care. The tank has been running for 3 years now, so I know that he has plenty of food and all the plants in there keep the levels low. I'm not worried about anything. I've had him for quite some time now and he's just getting bigger, stronger, and more colorful. I have a sponge filter in with him, so he's a powerful swimmer by now. I hope you do well with Iri. He (IMO) looks amazing. :D

#26 ·
sooo cute!! :D

I have a baby as well, been almost 3 weeks, and the most he has done is colored up. i'm much too early into the development process to tell if it's a boy, girl, or even what tail type he is xD

But yours is gorgeous :D

#33 · (Edited)
LOVE the first pic! Iri is soooooo freaking adorable!! :D <3 *steals* xD

Also, I think that Iri is a DTVT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.