Betta Fish Forum banner

Dissapointed again....

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Abby 
#1 ·
ok so i wasnt happy with one of my petstores method of housing their bettas they had them in these:

these hold MAYBE half a liter (erm 0.13 ish gal)
they told me they change water once a week..
TODAY i went in and they were in TINY DAMN CUPS less then 200 ml (0.05 gal)the cups look a LITTLE LIKE THIS:

But not as tall. and lids.
the fish are only maybe 4 months old and they can BARELY turn around
i told the lady who showed me (ive been bugging her for new shipments of lady cts)
i almost snapped at her. i was all over the whole
THIS IS TOO SMALL WHY?
(her answer) they stressed each other out in the bigger cntainers
me: THEY CANT NOW CAUSE THEY CANT EVEN TURN AROUND!

she was like "oh in the wild they live in smaller water"
me: "WILD YES PET NO they need MORE ROOM!"
oh i almost got asked to leave O.O

See less See more
#2 ·
first pic mising here it is:

#3 · (Edited)
It's crazy how small of containers they put them in at the petstores. But you might have handled that situation better (please don't think I'm saying that in a rude way!) if you think about it, it's a lot easier for the pet store to keep the fish that can't live with another fish in small containers rather than a huge tank a piece. I'm not saying it's right, but just think about it from a business standpoint.
And if you want to educate people, just keep in mind the "honey attracts more flies than vinegar" if you are nice about it and inform them the correct way rather than just getting upset it works a lot better. I've made many a betta convert via the friendly informing rather than getting worked up. I'm not trying to sound rude, but maybe try that next time?

#5 ·
they have a beautiful 24 bay fighter display tank standing EMPTY bar a few plants.
i was very polite about it no shouting but she could tell i wasnt at all happy lol

#7 ·
thats the thing a lot of their fish are there for like a month and they were only cleaning the Chinese containers once a week

#8 ·
ew. .___o i swear, after my complaint and getting Zi for free, they stepped up big time in their fish care, 100%. i used to walk in and see dead fish, now i'm lucky to see a dead one. their goldies used to be horrid, now they're pretty and clean. Zi's cup had fuzzy mold-stuff in it, now, i'm lucky if i see an uneaten pellet in the betta cups!

#10 ·
i promised cup pics, well here they are! this is Ichi, my new boy, still in his cup. used my Pokemon game case as ref to how small they are, and showed him from the side, so you can see he has room. :d

as for getting free fish, i honestly don't know. o.o i was just complaining about the mold in his cup. >.> complaining loudly about all the sick and dead fish probably didn't help any. xd

#11 ·
our cups r like them but smaller

#13 ·
At the petsmart near me, they are in those exact cups, with lids. They are filled more though.

They do take excellent care of them at my petsmart though, the water is always clean and changed regularly. I went today, and the majority of the males even had bubble nests in their cups! Crazy!

#17 ·
LOL that could even be the same size cup and no it wasnt rude i did put too many caps lock in there but she could see i as upset by it but her TELLING me that they are fine in that much water WHEN she KNOWS ive so many she should learn her facts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.