Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #1391 
Reference Team
I've just got the two, and no plans on getting any more haha. I've also cut down on the number of wild betta species I'm keeping/actively breeding to just a handful of my favourites.

Instead I am going to branch back out into keeping Australian natives, and this time, I am going to give it a proper go at breeding them.

Just have to wait until the weather warms up overnight so I can get my first group of breeding fish.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:07 AM   #1392 
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I have owned other species of wild betta in the past, but the coccina complex definitely are my favourites, which is why I've stuck with them so long even through all the bad times. Some people don't seem to like these smaller bubblenesters because they think they are shy, but even my wild-caught fish are as friendly as my Betta splendens, and as soon as they see me, or hear a tap on the glass they all swim to the front of the tank.

Betta persephone are very nice. I personally think they are one of the more challenging species from this complex to breed.

Just don't overfeed them on too rich a foods. That's why my Betta persephone male in the photo above is so thick in his body. I overfed my first wilds on blackworms and they were all very fat compared to my current fish.
yeah.. usually I will fast mine over the weekend as they are in the office.. I have lost a couple of channoides over the weekend due to poor water (I guess). while the ocellata are eating like pigs.. the channoides are little worse.. I am not sure the coccina I bought are coccina or livida.. them have two golden bar across their top and bottom of their eyes.. but they are lovely though regardless what they are. waiting to offload the channoides or the ocellata and then I can keep one more bubblenest type.. hahah
Nismo83 is online now   Reply With Quote