Betta Fish Forum banner

10 Gallon Theoretical stock idea...

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  freemike 
#1 · (Edited)
1 Betta
5 habrosus corydoras
1 african dwarf frog (it will be hand fed as I have read about issues of them being late to the feeding party so to speak)
2 amano shrimp

According to aqadvisor I'm only 80% stocked... but I don't know how much I trust it. It will also have live plants.

#2 ·
I have a 10Gal Betta community & I'm in the proccess of stocking it with 5 habrosus cory's (have 2 so far, waiting for another shipment) as well as 1 spixi (zebra apple snail) & waiting on finding a Mystery snail as well.
But I won't go more than 3 more cory's & 1 more snail, even after 2 days with 2 cory's & the snail in there my tank is ready for a 25-50% water change.
Now I've heard from lots of people that snails are more of a burden than ADF & shrimp but I honestly personally find frogs & shrimp creepy! LOL
anyways hope this helps!

#4 ·
I've also heard of bad things with the ADF and Bettas that I really don't feel like risking. (Dwarf frog nipping at Betta tail and Betta picking on the frog.)

My little brother has an extra aquarium and I'm going to stock it with ADF or ACF depending on which one works best.

So my new stocking plan...

1 Betta
6 Habrosus
2 Amano Shrimp.

#5 ·
Sounds better.
I'm not sure, but I think African clawed frogs are social too. They also grow HUGE. Wouldn't even bother with two in anything under 40ish gallons. They also can't be kept with anything that they could eat easily. A pair of dwarfs could share a 5 gallon no prob, 2 gallons per frog is the usual.
Pet stores can often mix these two up. The easiest way to tell them apart is that ACFs have no webbing on their front legs, while ADFs do. Most in store ACFs are also albinos.

#6 ·
ACF are huge and need 30 Gallons of space. :/
ADF are small and need 2.5 gallons each. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.