Betta Fish Forum banner

I've finally got my breeding tank

630 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Pixierella 
#1 ·
I've got all the stuff for my breeding tank, it's all ready to go tomorrow, we live in the city but we also have a well so we'll be using that for filling my 20 Tall, ugh yes, this took longer than expected to get up and ready to go for filling for my sorority and my 20 Long (so excited) so I'll be setting both tanks up together tomorrow. I'll be doing a water change on my currently overstocked :( sorority tank tomorrow and I'll put all the water I take out into the 20G Tall so that it will have some of the bacteria and stuff that keeps my current tank running. My betta seller from Thailand has not quite yet contacted my transshipper so I'm still waiting on my female to get here but the conditioning food is already on it's way and when I feel that my breeding tank is close to ready I will order my cultures :) I've already asked a lot of questions so that I can keep my cultures (banana worms, microworms, up and live indefinetely so I won't have to re-purchase them. I've got 3 different kinds of live plants (guaranteed snail free) I'll be putting in the breeding tank tomorrow. One step closer to being able to start breeding, hurray! :p Banana worms, microworms, walter worms, and vinegar eels. I also have a good batch of non-hatching brine eggs for feeding my sickly bettas (just one and I got him that way to try and save him) and starting the conditioning woot woot! Will try to keep you all posted as progress is made :)

#6 ·
Do you know which male you're going to breed her with?
I was thinking that I may breed my Dragonscale male with my solid red female VT for my first spawning. I'll know for sure what I'm going to do after I see how my new girl is. She is a HMPK, I have a DTHM and a HM male but I'm not sure that they're ready for breeding yet. Right now, other than my black orchid CT who has popeye and I believe fin rot, I got him that way just didn't notice the fin rot until I was already treating him for pop-eye, his pop-eye seems to be going away (thank goodness) and the fin rot while it is healing slower looks like it's gonna go away as well but right now he's really sick. The only 3 males that I would feel comfortable breeding right now are my 2 newest males (both CT's) and my dragonscale. My DTHM is active but he is still recovering from a gash that he got on the back of his neck when I first got him (long story) my VT has been crippled looking since I got him, he has perked up since I got him but I don't think he'd make it through a spawning and my HM while active and happy, doesn't really seem to flare much and doesn't seem interested in anything other than being happy and swimming around for me. When I spoke with the transshipper last he said he may send me a gift female since I only got 1 fish. I mentioned to him that I would love a CT female so I'll have to wait and see what he sends me other than my HMPK. Will try to keep you all posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.