Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Chance!

11K views 190 replies 18 participants last post by  Syriiven 
#1 ·
As promised, here is my new thread for digital betta art commissions. Since it was so popular, I've decided to make it fair to everyone (including myself) there will be a few rules actually applied to this.

So how this will work is between 1 AM Wednesday morning to mignight on Friday you will be allowed to post a picture of the betta you want drawn. The order in which you post is your slot. So, first post gets a 1, second post gets a 2, third post gets a 3, etc.

Saturday morning I will write down everyone's name with when they posted (in order) and then roll a 20 sided dice to pick 3 random winners. Those will be the slots picked to be drawn over the weekend.

Once you win a free commission, you need to wait a month before applying for a new slot. This will make it fair to new comers.

If you don't want to take the chance with the dice (which I will post the video of me actually rolling it so everyone knows the picks are legit), then I accept paypal payments of $5 per fish.

Also, inspired by SkyeWillow's betta mermen, I've decided I will offer 1 betta mermaid/merman every two weeks. So if you would like to see your betta as an aquarion humanoid, please say so when you post your picture.

So, a summarized version;

- 1 AM Wednesday - Friday at midnight = chance to post your picture
- Saturday Morning I roll dice, post video of dice rolls, and 3 winners are selected
- If you don't want to wait and take the chance of losing, $5 via PayPal for betta commission, $10 via PayPal for merman/maid betta commission
- Can only win a betta commission once a month
- Can only win the mermaid/man betta commission once every 3 months.

So, I will be keeping quite a bit of paperwork to keep track of it all, but this system will make it fun and fair, and gives me time to relax after work during the week - and gives me something productive to do on the weekends =)

Now then, the better the photo of your fish, the more accurate my art will be. Large, clear photos that capture natural coloring are the best.

Here is what the finished product will look like

You can view more via my betta art album in my profile, or by visiting my deviantart.

Currently I don't have any betta-mermaid/men made, so the first person to get one will be my prototype! But my humanoid art can also be found on deviantart. xD

See less See more
#5 ·
I really hate how this forum doesnt let me edit my posts after navigating fromt he page >.< Anyways...

Contestors take note; only entries entered between 1 Am Wednesday - Friday Midnight ROcky Mountain Time are legitimate entries.

So look at it as a chance to get the best pictures you can of your fish before then =)

#9 ·
Stayed up til' 5 playing sims 3. Hey Tori, if you want you can randomly select 3 people and I can draw their betta in cartoon form.

Also, I didn't see this, but if we have already had a pic drawn can we get another? If so, I'll get Hades pic up soon.

#10 ·
So long as it's between wednesday morning and friday midnight it's legit.

And yes, people I've drawn for before can re-enter, since it's the new year and I'ms tarting with a fresh thread.

And if you want to draw people's bettas using this thread go ahead =) I'll elt you choose who's or you can let them say if they want one or not. I don't mind sharing thread space.

#11 ·
Nope, but it's all good. I made a lid for my frog tank, watched Evita, and gave my 3 yr old a cookie at 2 am. lol I posted the flip of the merpeople on my dA too... check that one out.

#20 ·
I'd also like to add that it's not a race - when you post only determines what number you are, nothing else. And your number won't have any significance on your chances either.

I'm just starting it early for those who're night owls like me, and spans it out over a few days so people have the time to pick a good picture if they want a commission. And in three days time it gives people plenty of time around real life stuff to get around to it. It's a system of fairness and convenience for everyone.

=) So maybe instead of worrying about making your entry ASAP, just remember to post between Wednesday and Friday. If you're a little early, you'll just have to post it again is all. But there's really no point to rushing =) So everyone can relax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.