Betta Fish Forum banner

My Tank Stocking

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  LadyVictorian 
#1 ·
Alright currently i have a 10 gallon I have been working on for a sorority tank that I plan to keep 5 females and a mystery snail in. The tank will be heavily planted with 2 50% water changes a week

Will i be overstocked thought because of the mystery snail plus 5 female betta's?

Also I have a pond snail without a home, so I have two questions, with my setup could he live in the 10 gallon or also I have a 2.5 with one male betta and 1 50% change and 1 100% change a week. The snail is about pea sized right now. I also have a 5 gallon but it's already fully stocked with one male betta and one male adf fully cycled planted tank with 2 50% changes a week. Otherwise if he can't fit in anywhere I may get another 5 gallon to keep him in with another male betta <.<.

#2 ·
Wow are you diligent. Thats alot of water changes! I know we are responsible for our charges and the smaller tanks are prone to drastic spikes. I have held to the fully planted and common filtration method. Currently 2) 10 gal 1) 15 all tied into a common 15 gal sump/ do it yourself stage filter system. This gives me about 50 gal to work with and so far has cycled wonderfully I could prob even run an old barracks on this system as the fish load I have now is very small!

#5 ·
a live planted sorority can successfully hold up to a fish per gallon. i personally don't wanna go that high, but with enough live plants sucking up ammonia, it's quite doable.

#6 ·
Pond snails dont get too big, you could add him into the 10, or really any tank without much, if any effect on bio load if you wanted to

#7 ·
Sweet, once little Sherlock gets large enough he will be going solo pond snail into the tank with my Nix and my big mystery boy (who is still waiting on his girlfriends for breeding in the future). I also have about 30+ baby snails now in a grow out tank that will be needing homes soon. Might keep one more for Hollows tank once I get around to planted it as well.

#8 ·
What type of snails are you growing out? More ponds or mysteries? I've been looking for mysteries which is why i ask.

P.s. I feel like I am spelling mystery + mysteries wrong but neither way looks right to me at the moment, so I'm sorry if I mispelled

#10 ·
I'm growing out pond snails, won't have mysteries for a while since I am waiting on some magenta pairs and a ivory pair and a golden female for Nikola Tesla. (I know Niki is a boy because when i bought him he was trying to mate with a female in the tank <.<) Once I get some breeding pairs set up I'll let you know though. I'm likely going to breed them in buckets with wooden framed tops for the females to attach her eggs to.

#11 ·
Definitely know when you have some of those babies! I don't feel comfortable getting them at the petstore, most of them look dead whenever I see them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.