Betta Fish Forum banner

Parasites?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  AlexXx 
#1 ·
Hi! I'd like a bit of help with my new Cambodian. I think she has internal parasites, but I'm not sure. She's had this one... poo.. thats been there for about a day. It's not coming out, and It's a weird color. It's striped brown and white, and I heard that if it's white then the fish might have internal parasites?
I've only had her for 2 days, and I feed her a mixture of bloodworms and Betta flakes. My other two are fine, and I feed them the same things.
I'm starting to worry because a lot of the bettas at the petshop where I got her from are dying. they're usually in really good health...
Maybe it's the change in water? The tank she's in is unfiltered and unheated, but I'm getting a better tank soon. In the petshop it had a filter and a light...

Man, I'm terrible at this..

#2 ·
Hi! I'd like a bit of help with my new Cambodian. I think she has internal parasites, but I'm not sure. She's had this one... poo.. thats been there for about a day. It's not coming out, and It's a weird color. It's striped brown and white, and I heard that if it's white then the fish might have internal parasites?
I've only had her for 2 days, and I feed her a mixture of bloodworms and Betta flakes. My other two are fine, and I feed them the same things.
I'm starting to worry because a lot of the bettas at the petshop where I got her from are dying. they're usually in really good health...
Maybe it's the change in water? The tank she's in is unfiltered and unheated, but I'm getting a better tank soon. In the petshop it had a filter and a light...

Man, I'm terrible at this..
Sounds like Internal Parasites to me! I might be wrong because I've never had a betta with Internal Parasites. Try to get the fish some Meds and she'll be fine. Also, When can you get the new tank? It would be a lot better if your new tank was heated and filtered.

#3 ·
Thanks! I'll pester mum to drive me to the pet shop later.
I might pick up a tank later today, but it might take up to a week until I can get one. I'm going to get a large tank and divide it into 3 spaces. I'll get a heater and filter too. They have some nice tanks on sale right now, lets hope I have enough money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.