Betta Fish Forum banner

What do you guys think

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Fasht 
#1 ·
So I was browsing through aquabid and saw this salamander. I got attracted to it right away and bought him without thinking. The thing is, the picture is cropped like he's hidding as to who actually took the picture. So it made me think whether is that the real fish that he's selling and just stole the picture? did he already used him and breed that fish? which he really didn't specify on the detail that that's already the case. Now I'm just skeptical whether I should buy him or buy from him at all

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/closed.cgi?view_closed_item&fwbettashmp1342489686

#2 ·
I bet that was the photo that was used for the orig auction when the guy bought the fish and it had the breeders watermark on it so he cut it out of the pic. :) I wouldnt worry too much, if you have questions about the male just email the seller I am sure he would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

#3 ·
well here's what I said:

Yeah, I have a question about this. I just noticed that your picture looks like you stole it from someone else cause of the cropping of the photo. Is that the real fish that is on the photo? If it isn't, can you send me an actual photo or a recent photo of the actual fish that you're selling? how old is he? and did you use him to breed already and reselling it?

then he replied:

Hi Paul

that is the actual fish in the photo , I did not steal anything, i bought him with the intent of spawning and never got around to it and yes i am now reselling him. as far as age I would imagine him to be about 6 months now. Please let meknow what your intentions are.

and I said...

I like the guy, but can you send a recent photo of him? I want to see how's his condition now cause I'd assume that photo is from the breeeder that you got him from and it's about 3 months old when you just purchased him. Also, aren't you charging too much for a betta that you're reselling after all these months which I'm really not that sure if you breed him or not?

finally he said...

PAUL YOU ARE OBVIOSULY A NEWBIE,

HERE IS THE DEAL, YOU DO NOT BID ON A FISH AND THEN ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU HAD ANY DOUBTS OR QUESTIONS YOU ASK BEFORE BIDDING ON HIM AND I AM NOT CHARGING TOO MUCH THATS ENTIRELY UP TO ME. THE PHOTO IS HIM I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE A PICTURE I HAVE SOLD OTHERS SAME CIRCUMSTANCES RECENTLY.

JOHN

#9 ·
That, plus his terribly rude reply, would make me back out.. He just seems like he's hiding something with the way he responded. :/

I don't know how aquabid "politics" works. He might write something bad about you if you back out? Not sure.

#13 ·
Thanks Mo! and you should have messaged me earlier! I was waiting for you for 2 days to reply and I got nothing lol. So I decided to buy the culture from someone else which made me pay alot more =(.

Now I got him to cooperate and here he is now. For some reason he turned into a dumbo with bad finnese or it's just the angle of the picture or the container.

Attachments

#19 ·
So an update. I replied to him after he sent me the picture.

Thank you for taking your time on taking a picture of him. His back doesn't look like his original picture though but I think you probably have him on a circular container which made it look awkward. I'd still be happy to purchase him but I can't seem to pay you more than the amount that you actually paid for him.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/closed.cgi?view_archive_item&fwbettashmp1334251554 << Here's the original link of him btw.

Then he said.

Well then I am sorry seein as you were only looking to play lets make a deal :) In the future you ask before you bid and do expect NEGATIVE feedback to be left on aquabid. You bid 20, you pay 20 plus shipping , you let me know , ya hear? Have a good evening.

So I told him.

First of all I wasn't really trying to make a deal with your fish till I felt that you're false advertising and I wanted to compromise with you because I won the bid by still buying your unwanted fish which I technically don't know weather you actually used him for breeding or not. You came out rude with a costumer that's willing to buy your fish because you feel threatened that you're gonna get caught. But hey, you totally got busted. Please do leave a negative feedback as so will I. I'll also be glad to report you for false advertisement and plagiarism. You have a good night aswell.

He has no good ethics what so ever.. sigh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.