Betta Fish Forum banner

Fancy HM x Fancy koi HM

69K views 827 replies 33 participants last post by  logisticsguy 
#1 ·
Yay! I have some fry from this pair. Now to get them grown up. This is my favorite male with my favorite female so Im excited about it. The father is Superman and Mom is Binky my lil sweetheart girl. Here are a few pics of this pair.

See less See more
#3 ·
Very pretty! =}

#9 ·
Yes she is a marble. This girl just keeps adding / changing colors. When breeding her the back 3/4 of her body turned black. Some fry are getting color and they all look very different. Blues, reds, some look like Mom. Its still early but I will post pics in a week or so when more color and size develops. There is a big difference in the fry size, Is there a reason for that? I'm changing water every second day.

#10 ·
Fry size differs is normal. I've had differences range between 0.5cm - 2.5cm. Initially, it could be caused by difference in hatching - an hour could make a big difference. Or it could also be caused by eating habits - those that eat more, grows more. Later they produce stunting hormones, thus the smaller ones will remain smaller while the big ones grow even more.

It's best to group them according to size - this will give the runts better growth. But keeping them together is OK - in the sense that the bigger ones won't eat the smaller ones.

#12 ·
I am so upset with myself. My girl Binky was barrel rolling in the sorority tank yesterday, she has sbd and I was slow to catch on to it even though I know what to look for. She is in terrible shape, I lowered the water level in my 5g hospital tank, put an IAL under her for support and have her on epson salts at 78f. Ive never lost a fish before and I don't think shes gonna make it but what a lil fighter. Ive been holding her in my hand lots to steady her. My favorite fish and its my fault. Really down right now. Any advise?

#13 ·
The good news is the fry are doing very well. Binky continues to fight for her life. What a fighting fish! Just amazing. I do not think she will make it but wow she has fought for 6 days and will not give up. I have IAL, meds and doing anything I can to help her. It is dropsy. I caught it late so little hope but we keep trying.

#16 ·
Today was kinda tough. Despite all efforts Binky went to a better place. The blessing is that I bred her and not one of my other sorority girls and the rest of my sorority girls are in fine shape. The fry are doing well and I will post some pics when I move them to the bigger tank. A few of the fry look just like Mom which helps bring a smile. Lucky that we havnt lost a fry yet and no deformities so far.

#22 · (Edited)
Well I finally have a bit of time to post. Crazy busy with work, XMas, life and working on this batch of baby bettas. So far Ive only lost one fry which considering this is my first attempt at breeding and really busy too, Im quite happy about things. Thanks much to those Ive leaned on for advise as there is lots to learn. I think I will be much better and less stressed out in the next spawns. The bigger fry have been moved to a new baby tank, about 30 of them and 50 remain in the spawn tank. The fry have lots of variations and colors are coming out now. They are almost 6 weeks old and eat an amazing amount of food for such little fish. They should be available around Feb. 20 when they are about 3 months old. Sorry for the poor photos as Im dreadful with photography. There should be a video at this link below.

http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o507/logisticsguy/?action=view&current=20121229_213335.mp4

#27 ·
These guys are going to turn out so gorgeous!
You selling any of them? If so, how many do you have left and when will they be ready (if not already)?

#28 ·
They should be ready to go around Feb. 15-20. I have a few spoken for by a some members here which is great! But I will still have about 70 left. Whatever is not sold to members here will go to a local fish store. Im going to keep a couple males and 3 females myself. As soon as I get some better pics..major camera problems I will start posting individuals. Here is a video from today at this link. Quality not so good but...

http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o507/logisticsguy/?action=view&current=20130107_222706.mp4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.