Betta Fish Forum banner

Fancy Guppys?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ChristinaRoss 
#1 ·
Alright, ive read that some of you do infact keep guppys with your betta, and then i have also read that others do not cuz they nip or get nipped... I am planning a 5 gallon tank right now and i want to add 2-3 fancy guppys, hopefully those yellow/black ones in with either sawyer my DBT or Gillian my CT, im not to worried about the boys attacking the guppys cuz they are very slow. but will the guppys do dmg to them?

#2 ·
again, i think it depends on the fish themselves, right before you wrote this i was attempting to see what would happen if i put my blue DT in with my guppy community tank. first, he striped really bad, ive never seen one of my males stripe up before. so i gave it 30 minutes watched closely and he swam about getting adjusted , he didnt seem to care about the other fish, but, then all of a sudden the guppies swarmed him, didnt nip at him, but they were just curious i guess. i took him out, i figure that the stress on him isnt worth it. i guess i coulda tried longer, i just didnt wanna tempt fate.

good luck if it works for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.