Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 837 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Alright, let's admit it, we are all guilty of fantasy shopping on Aquabid (and sometimes even splurging!) I thought I would start a thread for people to show off their dream betta's, unusual colors, and exciting purchases!

#3,811 ·
Love the male!!!

Btw, transhipper fees in Canada (in my limited experience) are very high.....there's only one transhipper that is mentioned, Hung Pham, and his fee per fish is $10. I've heard that in the U.S. transhippers there charge a lot less. Maybe someone else could confirm that.

#3,810 ·
You're pretty new to bettas though right/ I've seen some of your other posts around here, I think. Make sure, before you buy a breeding pair, you know that you hav the time, money, and space to breed a spawn. It's not easy or cheap at all, the pair will be the least of your expenses.

#3,813 ·
Very nice pair! Rachel is a good up and coming breeder, I might be wrong but I think those fish are babies out of a pair bred by Karen Mac Auley, who is the top breeder in the usa.

#3,815 ·
I would message about the female, asking if there are siblings with a shorter anal. I just bought a white girl from rachel (BEAUTIFUL) and I asked for a short anal. She'll be here some time tomorrow (or so to be expected) and it was exactly what I was looking for. A lot of breeders have been giving me a hassle, especially the Thai ones, when asking for a shorter anal fin. I didn't have any issues from Rachel, though. Just message her asking her directly.

#3,816 ·
Her anal is a big long for a plakat, but his honestly isnt too bad as far as HMPKs go these days! But asking for a female with a shorter anal isn't a bad idea! But either way as HMPKs go they're nice, I would buy them

#3,826 ·
I was just looking at him and came here to post a pic....would you really consider paying $1000 for him? I'm not a breeder and just recently got back into the hobby after a 10-year absence....so I don't know what these traits are worth to breeders.

#3,829 ·
Um, wow. $1000 for a betta?? He's pretty and all, but... I think my bank account and some people would kill me if I spent that on one fish. If you spent that much on a fish, would you feel bad for putting him in a $30-$50 setup? 'Cause if I spent that much, he would have to be going into a huge display tank or something and I would charge people admission to come look at him!!

#3,831 ·
I would never pay over $200 for one.
His color is gorgeous, has good form, but is big eared (which I personally don't like and isn't showable yet)
Even if you did buy him, like said, you can't show big eared offspring so why would you want to spend $1200 on pretty much a pet fish?

#3,833 ·
What I want to know is how do you know it IS the first? What if some EE breeder bred one but didn't put it up for sale. Or bred one and didn't realize its not a common EE colors so didn't announce it and just kept it. Unless you can contact every breeder who ever bred for the EE trait, there's so real proof it's the first. And thats a lot of money to spend on a maybe.

#3,837 ·
Majcha Farms

One of the few breeders I haven't bought a fish from....but the fish look amazing! They either have the most beautiful fish in the world OR they take the most beautiful photographs of ordinary fish...lol....anyway, a whole bunch of new listings by Majcha Farm, including this one:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashm&1363311322

#3,839 ·
Aquastar always over charges for fish IMO and tries to make money off of "unique traitsz" that are usually negative traits such as some of the extreme rosetails he sells sometimes! He's a good breeder though, and I'm happy to buy his fish when they are priced reasonably! The most I have ever paid for a single fish was $100 and that was for one of Aquastars (go figure) Armageddon HMPKs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.