Betta Fish Forum banner

My two bettas.

2K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  MrChampagne 
#1 ·
Amir (Crowntail male)

Horizon (Veiltail female)

You can't really see the orange in her fins in this pic, look at the next one.

Blurry, but at least you can see the orange.

See less See more
#2 ·
Your female is beautiful!

#3 ·
I LOVE your female! God shes is gorgrous!!

#5 ·
Omg I lovvvee the purple betta! I've never seen a purple one before. She is gorgeous!

#7 ·
My lps and lfs never have bettas that are purple or green. They are always a pale ruby color or similar to Flair's colorings.

#12 ·
Right. But the good thing about petsmart, at least in my area, they take better care of their bettas than petco and petquaters. (Petquarters sucks btw. The cups their bettas are in are even smaller, and the store is super cold.)

#18 ·
haha. I'll try. I need to get more tanks though.
Anybody know what those plastic tanks are called? the ones made for like all small pets? I know they make ones that go up to about 5 gallons, and if I can find them, it'd be a lot easier than getting a bunch of 5 gallon glass tanks... lighter in weight too. ><

#23 ·
Ya. It's cute but you know the fish is freaked out! BTW I've succesfully spawned in 2 gallon critter keepers (first spawn as I remember) but now a days spawn in 2.5-20 gallon tanks (mostly in 5.5-10 gallons).

#24 ·
Yeah I know she's freaked out, It only happens when I do a water change with her.

And that's good news. I'm planning on going to get a few 2-5 gallon critter keepers durring the weekend or soon after to be ready for the fry.

#25 ·
Yeah I know she's freaked out, It only happens when I do a water change with her.

And that's good news. I'm planning on going to get a few 2-5 gallon critter keepers durring the weekend or soon after to be ready for the fry.
Remember your going to need a larger (ideally 20+ gallon) tank for the growout. Even though 2-5 gallon can be used as spawning tanks.

#28 ·
I didn't like moving the fry at such a young age so that's why I don't use them very often (unless my other tanks are being used and I need to spawn them :p)

Well yeah. I most likely will get a bigger tank.
Anyone know where I can get some jars for separating?
I buy quart canning jars, and plastic half gallon and gallon jars from walmart.

#31 ·
Yop. Plus if you only have like 50 fry you never have to move them out of a 10 gallon :)

How much do those usually go for?
It's $10 for a case of 12 quart canning jars. $1.50 each for a half gallon, and $2.50 each for a gallon jar. These are just estimates since I don't remember the exact price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.