Betta Fish Forum banner

Update!

630 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TigerLily 
#1 ·
So as some of you may (or may not) know, i recently planted one of my two ten gallons. Well, all is going well, minus the algae. SO I'm going to let less light throughout the day. I (gently) wiped off the algae that was on the plants, and washed the two caves in the tank with scalding hot water, and then scrubbed them clean. So that tank is all good.
I also bought another girl for that tank (a blue cambodian :) ), so I know have five female bettas. I also put some shrimp in there as well.

As for my other ten gallon (with my boy, Diego) I planted that one as well the other day. I also got three more tetras for my lone tetra, and s/he's so happy now :)
One of the platys died, but I was expecting that. My adf chased her around and another platies nipped at her (the adf goes 'fishing'. Its kind of funny to watch, to an extent. He doesnt get anyone though. He learned not to do it to Diego because Diego chased him around the tank.) and stressed her out. I tried putting her in the sorority, but the girls werent havin it, so I had to put her back in the ten gallon. She wasnt doing so great this morning, and I came home today and she was dead. RIP girlie.

More updates to come, when things happen! Haha :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I found Flourish Excel daily helps with algae on live plants. You may want to give it a shot. That with otos and an algae eating shrimp does wonders :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.