Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta fish Nick nack (pick heavy)

3K views 21 replies 3 participants last post by  JadeAngel 
#1 · (Edited)
So I did it! I really truly did it!

I must say its 100% toxic for fish, to bad, would have looked awesome in my tank. But sadly the clay paint inc, would kill fish. But will look great in a rock garden inc!

The fish I am calling Captain. Because this ornament I am keeping and will be my picture example betta when I start up my sale thread some time tomorrow in betta fish classifieds.

Any way, here is the fish that I modeled it after. ( found him online)

The ornament is approximately 2 inches and a fourth. As seen in the ruler picks.

The lap top pick was so that you could see that its authentic. Lol The tip of the plant behind him, give him his two and a fourth inches.

Now the real question. WOuld you order one of your betta? I am starting the thread tomorrow if I get good feed back. Also charms and that will be added to the thread, when I make them. I will make sure to let everyone if I added anything new.

But all fish sold would be either your betta or your dream betta.

But ya any feed back?

Ps sorry for some of the glare.

See less See more
#3 ·
I have to see about shipping and handling.

but ruffly shipping shouldn't be more then 7 ( but don't quote me on it)

and I am rolling around between 7-10 bucks. Not quite sure what I am going to settle on.

#5 ·
I have to ship it in a padded envelope though lol so I got to see, that and weight lol.

Plus I intend on putting a tracking number on it. which is like 60 cents lol

#6 · (Edited)
Could you add a photo to your photo album? I can not see the photo of the nicnac here. I can see the first photo of the real betta, but non others. This isnt the first time this happened, but I cant fix it. Different browsers, reinstalling flash, and this time Im even on my husbands laptop that is window 8 and only months old. But I'd like to see it >.< if you don't mind putting it in an album or uploading the photo (Im assuming its directly linked to a photo site or something?)

EDIT: nvm, I see you already added an album, lol :)

It's very nice <3

#8 ·
I think they're doing it automatically now, actually, the boxes we shipped this afternoon came with it.

Also, That price is also the same for a box with a plush or two inside. :-D

#9 ·
Yes, paypal has included the tracking number automatically for a few years now, but if you look when paying it will show that it charges 0.19 for the delivery confirmation. It doesn't give you the option to opt out through ebay or paypal. I like it though, as it sends the shipping information directly to the buyer's email so you don't have to bother doing it :cool:

#14 ·
no cereal boxes, they're too flimsy. poptart boxes are fine. Paint or turn inside out. If you re-use a priority box, you'll have to pay the priority rate. Cut costs wherever you can and recycle lol. Plastic grocery bags make excellent packing material.

That's what we do, and it helps me keep my costs down for my customers. Customers love low costs. ;-)

#15 ·
Skyewillow is right, lots of cushioning. Clay sculptures are rather fragile to mail abuse.

I made a polymer clay betta and dropped it (thanks to my cat for tripping me -.-) and the tail broke. Fixed without incident, but still... it's really easy to brake if it's not well cushioned.

The likely cost will be $2-$3. My figures cost about $2.10 each to send before... if memory serves me correctly as I haven't relisted them in a couple of months, and they were only 1-2 ounces max.

#16 ·
JadeAngel, mine fell off of the top of my desk and broke WHEN I CAUGHT IT! ugh!

Anyway, my fiance and I send and receive packages almost daily, we know how to ship safely, effectively, and the most important, eco-friendly!

#17 ·
Don't worry, Plastic bags don't get thrown away in my house,they get used to pack, used as garbage bags, used as lunch boxes... you name it lol.

My clay isn't quite as Breakable then most other clay. Plus I make everything thinker then what some people do. I have actually dropped snowmen with twig arms, and they don't even so much as crack with this stuff.

but yes I was planning on using bags and some toilet paper so that certain parts get a bit more cushion.

There only two inches at max long, so Pop tart box is really big lol. But i have a hole big load of Cardboard, if push comes to shove I can actually make my own box lol. I also know how to make my own padded envelopes too. I will give you a hint it involves lots of trash bags.

#18 ·
I made a sculpture of my EE, and the "ears are very thin... and a pain in my butt, they've both broken, but, I am the queen of super gluing stuff back together (used to have destructo-cats), so I fixed him.

Anyway, let me know when you decide on a price, I'm thinking about ordering one of these of the girl I'm bidding for on AB with the dished face.

#19 ·
No problem. I know i will have everything figured tomorrow no problem.

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.