Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #3471 
keroppisandwich

Wow that is a big change! His stress lines have disappeared! I think maybe mine is still really young. Do you think Bonsai is a boy or a girl? I'll post a picture to show how big Jupiter is. I'm still worried as well, he/she is still clamping, the temperature is a little lower than it should be so I added some warm water, but I don't know what else to do.
keroppisandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:15 PM   #3472 
BettaMummy87

Not PetCO as we dont have them here. He is about an inch long, and I am certain as I can be on gender. I am guessing from his wide dorsal base he will either be carrying DT genes, or he has an unusually strong dorsal, which will be great to breed in. :)

Excuse his belly... He was fed a few bloodworms this morning, and must've found something to munch on since... Gannet. >.>; Goodness only know what as I only cleaned the tank today too. On that note, excuse the brown gunk. new wood, new tank, and even after a boil that borwn crud isnt going away. :/ He has the laziest nerite ever in his tank. All it does is lay eggs.
Attached Images

BettaMummy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #3473 
Snowlily

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppisandwich View Post
Wow that is a big change! His stress lines have disappeared! I think maybe mine is still really young. Do you think Bonsai is a boy or a girl? I'll post a picture to show how big Jupiter is. I'm still worried as well, he/she is still clamping, the temperature is a little lower than it should be so I added some warm water, but I don't know what else to do.
Are you talking about my fish?
His baby stripes didn't disappear he never had any to begin with because he doesn't have much pigmentation at all. That was him when I got him Friday. He is almost translucent.

Fry on the other hand is a much darker fish. He had baby stripes when I got him

But now that he is getting older they are fading away or getting covered up by his adult colors. Sorry for the bad picture that fish does not want to hold still for a quick pic.
Snowlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:27 AM   #3474 
uminee

yep i think keroppi-san meant your fish, not mine. Bonsai is the same still all stripy and brown with a fat stomach, so i'm thinking girl! altho, when i shined the flashlight on it, i did notice some tiny sparkles of green

now it zips around way too fast for me to take pictures! so i tried painting a picture of it instead XD

SPARKLY animated version here: http://umi-nee.tumblr.com/post/11227...to-eat-bubbles
uminee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM   #3475 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol, that's adorable! Yeah, that's the iridescence you're seeing, most Betta's have it :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM   #3476 
keroppisandwich

Wow I love your depiction of Bonsai :) ! I'm having the same problem with Jupiter, he/she moves way to fast, I also think Jupiter knows when I'm about to take a picture because he/she heads away from the camera. For some reason I am obsessed with Betta Fish, I find myself going to different pet stores every day to get more tank accessories and equipment, yesterday I visited petco again..... bought another baby. But both have been doing really well. They are in separate tanks. I have no idea the sex of either. If I could get a good photo I'll post it in Betta chat forum and see what they say. The new baby betta is lighter in color with a slight lavender tint and longer ventrals but they're not very thick, very slender, but it could be this ones still pretty small.
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #3477 
uminee

oh another cute baby!! makes me want visit Petco again in case there r any more babies up for rescue ^^; Nooo cant give in to temptation!

@lilnaugrim i didn't think Bonsai had any irids yet, so it was a big surprise :D that plus im incredibly nearsighted
uminee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM   #3478 
keroppisandwich

Here's a few pictures of the new baby (the one i posted prior was still jupiter, whom now i think is a female because i think i see an egg spot). I think this new one is a boy!
Attached Images

Tags
baby betta, baby betta care, baby betta photos, good luck guys:), petco, petco babies, petco baby betta