Betta Fish Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 837 participants last post by  ThatFishThough 
#1 ·
Alright, let's admit it, we are all guilty of fantasy shopping on Aquabid (and sometimes even splurging!) I thought I would start a thread for people to show off their dream betta's, unusual colors, and exciting purchases!

#14,784 ·
That's probably not the correct color name, but he's gorgeous! Mustard gas color specifies the ring of dark on the edge of the fins, and it's usually not as big as his blue ring. If he's a new color pattern, the breeder can probably call it whatever he or she wants to :p

I've never seen a butterfly with so many colors! I'm hoping he keeps them mostly as they are for you!

#14,787 ·
Hrutan! Good to see you pop up! Boy, he is gorgeous! If only he were Black Copper instead, then I'd REALLY be drooling! haha!

#14,788 ·
He sold before I could make up my mind. Ha!

Sorry I've been absent - I help manage a rather large Facebook group and it takes up a bunch of my attention. Gonna try to be better!

#14,789 ·
Aww, that's a shame--though, I suppose it could be a blessing too! haha.

That's fine! I know you are quite the busy person! It's just nice to see a familiar name every now and then ^_^

#14,790 ·
Yeah it was a blessing. I don't have any females to match him with and already have one of Betta138's black/blue males. Trying to clear out my shelf, not add to it... o_o But it's so fun to look.

#14,792 ·
look at that black lipstick! too bad it would cost a arm and a leg to have her shipped out ugh. even though that's probably a good thing, otherwise i would have every inch of my room dedicated to a whole army of bettas haha.

#14,795 ·
I think I like her :) not the smoothest topline on Earth IMO and that anal could be a little more pointy but she's cute as a button :)

And no I'm not in the showing/breeding world. Still learning all the standards but that's what I see so far.

#14,796 ·
Female anal fins shouldn't be pointy, they should be rounded. Her's is actually too long; it's longer than he caudal length. Dorsal is small and stair-steps, it doesn't fully reach the caudal either. As Seren pointed out, topline is too hunched. Her color is fantastic, a really nice Solid Red but still shows iridescence but if you aren't breeding for true Solid Reds then it doesn't matter. :)

Seren, we actually have females like that in all of my fish stores lol. I usually don't take pics of them since I personally do not like the Cambodian coloration lol. My PetSmart in particular has some beauties right now. I almost took pics of them the other day and almost took one of the girl's home but I'm waiting for either a real Orange girl or an MG one to pop up; they do occasionally.

#14,797 ·
I don't know what's happening with me and reds TBH lol I thought I never liked them. You know my favorite are blue butterflies. But as long as it's shiny (DS)... XD

And don't tempt me lol I still have about 10 more months until I can upgrade.

#14,800 ·
So I love mustard gas betta and I actually have one and just love looking at them. This guy though, I'm super confused, on one side he has the black edging on his anal fin but on the other side he doesnt? Is this even possible? Is it possible that this is two different fish...?

I'm not looking into buying just thought he was gorgeous!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashm&1451892618

#14,801 ·
So I love mustard gas betta and I actually have one and just love looking at them. This guy though, I'm super confused, on one side he has the black edging on his anal fin but on the other side he doesnt? Is this even possible? Is it possible that this is two different fish...?

I'm not looking into buying just thought he was gorgeous!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashm&1451892618
He has a twin brother posing right behind him LOL seller should have separated them first.

Back to topic. I never knew there are deals like this. One price for two fish? :shock: OMG sign me up

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettasdt&1451976632

#14,808 ·
I have a very similar female, just not as killer finnage! I have no clue what color to call her..... She's not 100% black....And not really steel?? She is literally grey lol

View attachment 690145

View attachment 690153

Its a shame her vents are bent :( I got her cheap because of it and her red wash. But I wanted a blackish/steel CT female and she was very cheap so I grabbed her :)
Sorry for the ****ty pics, I just popped her in one of the picture taking tanks really fast lol

#14,809 ·
Black Copper Devil.

Copper comes in a variety of shades. She was likely the result of a CopperxTurquoise or Steel spawn to get the mix of shades like that.

#14,811 ·
I was looking at interbettas' bettas for sale because I've been coveting a golden betta for a while (though no room a the moment) and I thought this guy looked interesting.

How stable is a pattern like this?

#14,812 · (Edited)
lilnaugrim would give a more definitive answer than me but I'll try..
I have a yellow koi female who came with some cellophane in her fin but not much-the cellophane has partially colored over black (I think its likely to happen to that boys fins). The black in the body hasn't spread noticeably in my girl in the several months I've had her so far. The white/irid/dragonscales on his gills may turn color-possibly blue..-my girl has a few of those scales started white but they are getting a faint blue hue now.
The fact of the matter is "koi" bettas are marbles. Yellows seem more stable than reds (my husband has a red girl-she also had cellophane fins but they-re 95% red now-the peach/pale spots on her body (not dragon scales) have colored up red or black) but they're still marbles so its not a guarantee against change.

#14,813 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.