Betta Fish Forum banner

Showable Betta Halfmoon? Critique please (video)

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Lamb 
#1 ·
Id like to know if he is "Showable" or "Show Quality" he is my newest trade I got, and I just cant stop staring at him, his colors came in beautifully and he sure is fabulous!

Please let me know if the link doesn't work. Thank you I don't mind about harsh critiques :) Im curious​

#3 ·
I can add photos if you'd like :) I thought the video would be a better view of what he can do. I would like to breed him to one of my HM females in the future :)

#11 ·
You will lose more than you gain. In my experience spawns favor the females heavily. So, breeding HM's you need to look at more than the rays. Still prefer a good 8 ray with long length. If you have a 4 ray make sure she can give 180 spread and has long rays in the tail. She should be much better than the male on all accounts.

This fish has a lot of color.. everywhere. Will take a long time to produce showable fish from him. If you want to breed for fun.. fine. But if show quality is desired, he is not worth breeding.

#14 ·
A sample of a basic show quality HM should look something like this.

I read that somewhere else in this forum has excellent information on what the basic requirements are for a show fish.

Now that helps me see what a "Showable" betta should look like. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.