Betta Fish Forum banner

To those with decorative rocks

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
do your fish ever stare at them? lol. Smile and Blanket are always staring deeply into the rocks. I thought Blanket was dead, but no, he was just staring at the rocks. He had his face shoved in them.... anyone elses fish do this?

#5 ·
yah smiles rocks are white, light green and light purple. blankets rocks are dark blue, light blue and turqoiuse lol I know neither of them are sick or anything, i just think its weird. the others have light colored rocks but they dont stare at their reflection.

#6 ·
There may be food particles or something they think is food in the rocks. Betta's have an amazing nose for food. Zeus can be sleeping in his cave or under a plant leaf when I drop a pellet in. it takes a few seconds, but he snaps to life and makes a b line for where I dropped the pellet in. I choose a different place every time too and he always seems to know where to go almost immediately.

No searching and looking around. I have even tried touching the water in one place while dropping a pellet in another and it is always straight for the pellet.

#10 ·
If they are rocks they can see their reflection in they move them to get them out of the "turf" they want to be in at the time. I stopped putting reflective things in betta tanks as Zeus was always moving the refective stones around. When I took them out he now spends most of his time swimming in the current of the filter outlet, or sleeping to get rest from his workout, or looking for food during non feeding times.

#8 ·
haha betta are smart and nifty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.