Betta Fish Forum banner

meet King Steve!

771 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Luimeril 
#1 ·
so, i went to walmart today, to look for something they didn't have. .____. while i was there, i decided to check on the bettas! :D since i accidentally had the camera in my pocket, and my marker and paper, i was gonna take pics secretly and write them a note. :p happily, they had two! :D sadly, one was long dead, in cloudy water, and was molding. .____. the other, was a steel blue CT. a tiny little thing, with a short tail. he wasn't stressed at all, and was quite active, exploring his cup, which only had two poops. i debated for a long time, if i wanted to bring him home or not, so i asked my mom. :d she said i should, since he was the last one there and the other was long dead. i looked around, then swapped his lid, which said "Crowntail Betta", with Mr. Dead's, who was apparently, at one point, a veiltail, cause i'm evil and cheap. xD
after getting him, i decided i was going to give him to my niece, who wanted a new betta. she's very responsible, and only needs help with water changes. she was very excited, and named him "Baby" at first. then, he was Lightning, then Beiber. xD my brother and i told her, that if she doesn't keep her room clean and do her chores, i was going to take the fish and give him to my brother, who said he was going to name him Steve, after the Minecraft default player. after a bit, my niece asked me what kind of betta he was, and i told her, he's a Crowntail. she then decided to name him King. so, he's now King Steve. xD here's the first two pics i took of King Steve, who's still exploring his temporary one gallon Kritter Keeper:

he's either very young, or has a touch of fin rot. i'm not 100% sure, since he's a CT. either way, he's VERY tiny, and VERY shy. his two-pic photo shoot stressed him out a bit. i'm dosing him with a bit of aquarium salt, in case he DOES have fin rot, and for whatever else poor King Steve may have.

See less See more
#3 ·
he's VERY tiny! he's smaller than most of the young bettas i bring home! he's also darkened into a beautiful blue, so i don't know WHAT he is! almost royal blue, with steel blue fins! i haven't fed him yet, but i think i'll wait till the morning to try feeding him.

#4 ·
O___________O King Steve is SCARY when he flares! his colors brighten up beautifully, but he fully extends his gills plates, and the red gills are very visible, and the bottom of his face is silvery white, so it's really scary! he's so cute, though. o3o with his little tail!

#6 ·
What a gorgeous color!!! Lots of good luck with him - so handsome. The best things come in little packages! =))

#9 ·
oh, he's not mine. :p his mommy is my niece. she may be 7, but she's amazingly smart and responsible. she had a betta before, and kept up on his water changes and feeding, but sadly he died. he got dropsy, and didn't make it. D: she was really upset, because he was her first pet, and she took good care of him. King Steve's living in a spare 1 gallon right now, but she's working her behind off to get the money to get him a 2 gallon Kritter Keeper. :d i'm trying hard not to get attached to little King Steve, but it's so hard! he's so feisty, with this huge ego!

#10 ·
He's so little and so cute. He sounds like a tough guy.

((Looks to me like he's done a little bit of tail biting. He's so adorable.)

#11 ·
he sure thinks he's tough!

i don't know if he's tailbit or not. o.0 i'm not used to CTs having tail issues that aren't curly fins. .____o he could have, or it could have been fin rot, or he could have melting rays.... i don't know. his tail sure is cute, though. :d

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.