Betta Fish Forum banner

A Mother's Worst Nightmare

839 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Flapmon 
#1 ·
Just a few minutes ago I was washing Percy's tank and I put him in a small covered bowl to swim in until his tank was ready. I sat down at my laptop and a few minutes later when I went to check on him, he was flopping on the carpet! I panicked and tossed him into his tank. He's swimming normally, coming up for air, and he's eaten. Then only thing that worries me is possible stress/infection related illnesses. The very tip of his fins look a bit brown, and they weren't before. Is this to be expected with him going through such a harrowing experience? Should I see this go away soon? :cry:

#2 ·
Oh, they're mischievious little critters. I had a female jump out my 46g tank when I opened the lid to feed them. Her drop was about 4 feet to the hardwood floor, I put her back into the tank, she was stunned for a few minutes & then went about her business like it never happened. Just keep an eye on him, if you're concerned about illness then do extra water changes to keep his water pristine for a week or two but he should be fine. The brown maybe a little fin rot due to the experience but it should go away with no problem with clean, warm, conditioned water.

#3 ·
My female decided to jump from her cup while I was cleaning. Think of it like sky scraper height Betta sized. She's fine now and she hasn't ever done it again so it obviously knocked some sense into her. I renamed her Seppuku. <<

#5 ·
My female decided to jump from her cup while I was cleaning. Think of it like sky scraper height Betta sized. She's fine now and she hasn't ever done it again so it obviously knocked some sense into her. I renamed her Seppuku. <<
AHahaha that's awesome. xD Bloody great name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.