Betta Fish Forum banner

king/giant bettas

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ChristinaRoss 
#1 ·
At my Petco, they always have a few king/giant bettas in stock, but I haven't seen anyone on here say that they own/have owned one. Are they prone to illness because of their size? Are they hard to find in stores? Just wondering. =)

#2 ·
I know of at least a couple of people here that has one. I want one, but every time I've gone they have looked ill. The first time I saw them they were gorgeous and I should have gotten one then!

Anyway, another thing is since they are larger they need more room, at least 5 gallons. I'm not sure why people don't prefer them, maybe due to the lack of long flowing fins. I think that is what people are attracted to the most.

#3 ·
I think they are awesome!!!! I almost got one, but I really didn't feel like paying 13.99 for him.. :|

Yep, Angelic scars is right! Need at least 5g...

I plan on getting some sort of Plakat sometime, but I have no room at the moment.

#5 ·
ive seen some here that are huge and gorgeous! i saw one yesterday that had to be 3 1/2 - 4 inches

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.