Betta Fish Forum banner

I Just HAD to Have Him!!!

2K views 43 replies 26 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 ·
Meet my newest addition! I'm so excited about this little guy. Still need a name......

See less See more
#7 ·
Is he from Betta Afinity? It looks just like one she had up recently! Beautiful!!!

He reminds me of star or space related name...or for food names...Pimento, Julip (mint), Midori (green liquor)...Celadon (color), Berilo (means green)....Franklin (like the money mint)....Bullion (brick of silver),
From wikipedia..."The crescent Moon has been used since ancient times to represent silver."
Vark - is a foil of very pure silver and is used for garnishing Indian sweets.

#9 ·
Wow! What great name ideas! I'm never naming my own fish again.....we pick names like Doug and Dudley. I think I have a favorite for the new guy....but just want to think a bit more.......

And yes...he is the fish you saw on aquabid from betta_afinity! Got him for 20 bucks, but I probably would have paid more.

#14 ·
Geez....everyone is so shocked to see this guy again, but I'm shocked that everyone seems to know where he came from AND you know the person I got him from. Yes, small betta world.

I love every name suggested, but I think either Quasar or Bullion....still thinking....

#15 · (Edited)
Honestly?
I'd name him mint in a heartbeat.
Mint.
The thing is ~ Bullion or Quasar sound so hispanic and have the spanish bull fighting feel, and to me he has more of a lighter but streaking minty fresher dark feel.... idk. It just seems to go. If you HAVE to name him Quasar, I'll deal with it. :p But uif you name him bullion, not that its a bad name, but i will die

#23 ·
Quasar! Perfect name.
And to who ever said Quasar sounded Spanish, this is a Quasar:

Wikipedia Said: A quasi-stellar radio source ("quasar") is a very energetic and distant active galactic nucleus
That guys colors make him look pretty energetic and active, not to mention he is coming from someplace else, so his is "distant". :p

#27 ·
I like Everest too.

I like ASPEN & would have used it on one of mine...except, then I met a crazy girl with this name & don't want to associate my betta with her. haha

Also.... TUNDRA, MERCURY, JASPER, EUGENE (as in the very green Oregon city that rocks!),
CASCADE, FIRTH (forest), my Ghost Radar just said "CASEY" after being silent for an hour...LoL, so my ghost apparently likes that name.

#28 ·
Instead of getting easier, this is getting harder!!! Now I really like Quasar, Nebula, Mercury, Nova and I thought of Galaxy & Quark. There are even a few others I could go with, but somehow Quasar really stands out. Argh! Too many GREAT names.....need just a little more time........

Thank you all so much for the superb suggestions!!!!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.