Betta Fish Forum banner

Bubble Nest!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bankruptjojo 
#1 ·
As some of you may know from my other post that I got a betta a couple of weeks ago. I went to feed him tonight and found a rather large bubble nest. :-D I'm so happy because he is my first fish and I worked hard to find him a tank he would like and everything. Yay!

#4 ·
I think he is happy. He set it up in "his" corner. He has this spot he loves to hang out in when he isn't swimming like a mad fish (I can only assume as he is my first fish). I did cave and get a second betta though. I bought a keeper while i was waiting to find the right tank and so I decided to use the keeper for another betta instead of leaving i empty and all the sad bettas in the petstore I decided to bring one home with me and keep it in there. It's a 3gallon and bonus... found a heater 50% off. :-D Will post pictures later on. Both are beautiful fish. Love them.

#5 ·
... I did cave and get a second betta though. I bought a keeper while i was waiting to find the right tank and so I decided to use the keeper for another betta instead of leaving i empty and all the sad bettas in the petstore I decided to bring one home with me and keep it in there. It's a 3gallon and bonus... found a heater 50% off. :-D Will post pictures later on. Both are beautiful fish. Love them.
Oh, do I know this well! I'm also new to bettas and I originally got a medium pet keeper. Well, that wasn't good enough for my "baby" so I bought him a 5 gallon upgrade. Well, that left the keeper so I just *had* to go back to pick up the beautiful little boy I saw at Petco, since I just couldn't think of him dying a cruel death in one of those little *cups!* or being taken home by some clueless person to live in a tiny little bowl.

So, of course, I couldn't stand to leave him in the keeper and picked up a 3.5 gallon, which was all I had room for at the time.

THEN I saw my first Petco King, and well, I really want one, so I started cycling a new 5 gallon. BUT in the meantime I stumbled upon the breeding log from someone who bred some giants, and well, I'll be getting one of his 2 month old fry shipped to me early next week. (I checked first and the breeder thinks he will be ok in the 5, I'll just have to keep up on water changes.)

So that brings me to today, where I'm sitting here thinking about that poor Petco King I saw a two weeks ago and then last weekend. I hate to think of him dying in one of those little cups. But I know that I can't really do another big tank right now. Poor little guy.

#6 ·
2 is the most i think i will have time and space for. as with my 2 fish i have a total of 7 pets (more if you want to count snails and shrimp). I find the fish seem to help with stress so I need to keep them at a number that is very manageable. Plus i'm new so maybe when things settle down some i'll get more.

#7 ·
i have 4 and every time i got to the pet store i almost get another one. if you like bubble nest so much buy atison's betta spa. its suppose to be good for bettas. i cant say that it actually helps the bettas but it wont hurt him, and it really dose make bubble nest stronger you wont believe the amount of bubbles after adding this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.