Betta Fish Forum banner

Keep your fingers crossed.

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  beta novice 
#1 ·
I may be getting another rescue/foster.:-D I was browsing craigslist to try and clear my head for finals tomorrow. And came across this ad..
http://savannah.craigslist.org/pet/1734309024.html

No picture but I'm thinking veil tail. I don't know what the owner's version of "knowing how to care for them" is so I'd really like to take this guy and make sure he gets an excellent home.

Now that Zippity is going to SOJ and Beatrix is with Doggyhog. I can easily take in one more rescue. I'm also getting a 10 gallon and 5 gallon tank tomorrow (for $25!! :thumbsup:) so I'll definitely have tank space. I'll probably divide the 10 gallon into 4 sections. The 5 I'll be using as a hospital tank.

I emailed the poster just now so I'm hoping she still has the fish and is willing to let me take him. I told her I've been keeping bettas for 6 years and have recently got into rescuing and rehabilitating bettas. I made sure to tell her I have all the supplies he would need and I would give him a great home.

Keep your fingers crossed. I've kind of been wanting another VT (hopefully one that doesn't tail bite) so it will be nice to have one around for a while until I adopt him out.

I'm hoping to really get into rescuing bettas like this (not supporting the bad pet stores like I did the first time). I figured I can keep up to two rescues at a time without a problem (depending on the level of health of the fish). I'll keep them until I find them homes just like I'm doing with the "wal-mart rescues".

See less See more
#4 ·
Yay! She contacted me back first thing this morning. I'll be bringing him home tomorrow!

She said he came to her with a bout of fin rot which she says is mostly healed. She sounds like she know's her bettas.

#7 ·
I'm picking him up at 11:30 tomorrow so I'll probably have pics up by 12 LOL. Actually it depends on if I get Zippity mailed out to her new owner before or after I pick him up. But I should get pics up tomorrow provided I can find my camera cord by then LOL

I'm really excited. I got the 10 and 5 gallon tanks today. I'll be cleaning those up and setting them up next week probably. If I have a strong enough heater I'll put the new guy in the 5 gallon while he is in QT. After that he'll be up for adoption :-D

#10 ·
Picked him up today. I felt so sorry for his owners.. they really loved him. They're moving to California and don't want to risk trying to drive him all the way over there. I offered to ship him to them but they don't want to risk it. The lady got choked up when she had to leave him. :-( They "rescued" him from the pet supermarket in town. They've been treating him for fin rot and did a great job with him.

His name is Rainbow but I think I'll be changing it because it reminds me of Rainbow Bright :tongue: I think I'll call him Merlin.

He's very pretty and does have a great personality like they said he did. I think with a little more TLC he'll completely regrow his fins and be just beautiful.

Here's just a few pics. I don't want to stress him out with too much flashing.

There's something about him I really like. He may end up being a keeper.. I'll decide after he makes it through 3 weeks of QT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.