Betta Fish Forum banner

Dropsy? Help me save Tenzen!

580 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Bladezero 
#1 ·
I came home to the saddest thing today :sob: Yashamaru was dead. I have no idea what it could have been. He was in a devided tank with Tenzen so the first thing I did was clean the tank more than I have ever cleaned anything in my life. I added AQ-salt and I think I am noticing some swelling in Tenzen's chest. I am not seeing any "pineconeing" so I thought I would ask the forum. He is in a 2.5 gal with filter and no heater but tank stays at 76 degrees. He has been eating dry pellets.

I wasn't able to get any readings on the water because I panicked. Here are the pictures I was able to get of him, they are from my phone so they aren't the best. I really couldn't stand it if I lost Tenzen too. :sob:

See less See more
#3 ·
Yashamaru had some rips in his tail, lethargy, wasn't eating much, and when I checked his body it looked a bit bloated. Tenzen is swimming as normal this morning and was ready to eat. I will try to get a better picture of him tonight. But so far all seems well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.