Betta Fish Forum banner

What's wrong with my betta

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Krys 
#1 ·
Hi mi 2.5 inch betta fish isnt eating, period. This started yesterday. I fed him perfectloy fine on new years day but i tried yesterday and got now result. I tried to clean it and did so, but nothing happened, teh exact same behavior happened. Now I considered the possibility of old age, but the change was so absolutely spontaneous. Also, he is moving very well when he is nudged to do so.

What will happen is he will chill at the bottom of the bowl, and will mvoe upwards when prodded. He then bites for food and then circles teh bowl. Even if he sees the food while cirling he doesn nothing, he then falls to the bottome fo the bowl, staying limp in either horizontal positions or in a semi bent position

im not sure if it is a girl or a boy

remember this was extrmely sudden and random

#5 ·
Sexing a betta:

What type of betta is it? Normally the males have nice big fins compared to the females, have small fins and look smaller.

Unless they are plakat (short tail betta) then it is harder to tell. The females will have a white spot behind their pelvic fins called an ovipositor which is where they expel their eggs. They will not always show this, only when mature and ready to breed.

this website will help you: http://www.freewebs.com/ontariobetta/bettainfo.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long have you had your betta?
How big is the tank?
Water temperature?
How often do you do water changes?
Do you filter your tank? or is it without a filter?
Have you changed the food?

Any sign of illness besides this?? such as lesions, clamped fins, rapid breathing, dull color, fin degradation etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.