Betta Fish Forum banner

RIP Curly :(

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I recently bought my new Crown Tail, commonly known in our house as Curly. He was in a divided tank with my Veiltail, Sid, who is very calm and chilled out. Curly however was not and flared a lot and was constantly looking for a fight.

I have just ordered a specially made canopy because I was scared he was going to jump out the tank - the man at the store said he had never known a Betta to jump...but i dropped the water level in case and i'm expecting the canopy to be ready on the weekend.

Last night I came home, got ready to feed them all and couldnt see Curly...he often stayed deep in his pot which is dark inside and I oftened battled to see him. I went into panic mode when i couldnt see him...

Curly sadly had jumped to a horrible death just days before the canopy arrived and I am feeling SO guilty about it. He was imported from Thailand to South Africa and this is how it ended. I could think of nothing worse :(

I presume in his excitement and flaring he leaped and missed and I was not home to rescue him. Big tears and a sad night for me.

RIP my sweet boy, you are sorely missed and will never be replaced :BIGweepy:

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss :[ I'm sure he was a very happy betta and well taken care of <3

#6 ·
I thought about it last night...he had no outward signs of disease or anything noticable, but he didnt have a very good appetite. My other male and even my females go into feeding frenzy mode when they know im feeding them, but he hardly bothered.

Perhaps something internal was out - im not sure if he jumped in a suicidal way or if it was accidental. Either way im very sad about it :(

#8 ·
Im sorry :( i feel your pain, my norbert passed this morning, last night he jumped out of the tank and i wasnt in my room alot last night so i dont know how long he was out of the tank :( i also guess he landed on the coffee table his tank is one because there was some water on it where it was dry before.
I cried alot and still feel like if i walk in my room he will be there and greet me.
Hang in there kristin *hugs*

#9 ·
Sorry MaggieLynn :( I never knew I could be so upset over a fish but I get really attached to them because they are all so unique with their own personalities.

I searched so long and hard for this boy as well because they are hard to find in SA...he was imported from Thailand so he was really special to me.

#10 ·
I know! I cried alot when I lost norbert. They are so different from each other. If you have a couple at a time you can really tell. Its alil easier for me to find bettas because there are 3 pet stores and 2 fish stores in my city, But I dont buy if i dont get a feeling. Its like i just know which fish is meant for me. I hope you can find another special boy to give lots of love to!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.