Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #21 
Dakieda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh lol! Yeah, it should say on the back or the side of the package. I can't find the equivalents online but they should be there with the rest of the fluorescent bulbs! Looks like you could use a Mini one which are the ones I had said before and the ones that I use mostly since they are just nice and small but still give the same power! Let me know if you found them or not!
When I went to walmart today I could not find them. I picked up some plants though from my LFS, will update with photos when they are in! also got the cherry shrimp since they dont stock ghosts, and found a dragonscale betta I could not resist! So now I have a second betta tank LOL
Dakieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #22 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakieda View Post
When I went to walmart today I could not find them. I picked up some plants though from my LFS, will update with photos when they are in! also got the cherry shrimp since they dont stock ghosts, and found a dragonscale betta I could not resist! So now I have a second betta tank LOL
Oh lol! well sometimes that just happens! If you can care for them adequately then that's good and dandy!

Did you find any bulbs that said Daylights on them? Soft White is very low kelvin, most of what house hold bulbs are, Daylights are the ones you want although sometimes they include 5,000K in "daylights" as well which would be much better than your incandescence but 6,500K is better. Think of 5,000K as a cloudy day where as 6,500K is a nice sunny day!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #23 
Dakieda

Quote:
Oh lol! well sometimes that just happens! If you can care for them adequately then that's good and dandy!

Did you find any bulbs that said Daylights on them? Soft White is very low kelvin, most of what house hold bulbs are, Daylights are the ones you want although sometimes they include 5,000K in "daylights" as well which would be much better than your incandescence but 6,500K is better. Think of 5,000K as a cloudy day where as 6,500K is a nice sunny day!
I saw some that said daylights at the local petco, but they where all much too big. As for my walmart, their lightbulb isle is kind of sad. One isle for ALL their bulbs. The highest I saw said 2550k on the back, so if 5k is a cloudy day, that must be like 'so late its getting dark outside now'. LOL So I guess Ill have to order the bulb online.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #24 
Dakieda

Oh, and here's a picture of the tank! I almost forgot :X
Old 03-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #25 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It looks so good so far!!

If you wanted, I could buy a pack for you here, as I said it's super cheap and have it shipped to you! Shipping would be like 6 bucks or so for Priority and I would pack them with plenty of stuffing so they hopefully wouldn't break. I find that CFL's don't break nearly as much as regular incandescent's do but, that could just be me lol
Old 03-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #26 
Dakieda

Quote:
It looks so good so far!!

If you wanted, I could buy a pack for you here, as I said it's super cheap and have it shipped to you! Shipping would be like 6 bucks or so for Priority and I would pack them with plenty of stuffing so they hopefully wouldn't break. I find that CFL's don't break nearly as much as regular incandescent's do but, that could just be me lol
Aw! Thats so sweet of you to offer that!
I went back today, and looked again, since last time I was kind of rushing cause the fishies where in the car...and they had exactly what I needed! Its not 6500k, its 5000k but I think it will still work. The bulb said daylight on it and it already brightens the tanks SO much better. And it was $2.88 just like you said :3 Overall Im happy with how it turned out. And luckily the plants don't look like they are melting. xD
Old 03-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #27 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh awesome! That's fantastic ^_^ 6,500K is obviously better but 5,000K sooooooo much better than any incandescent poopy light haha. Your plants should grow very well now ^_^
Old 03-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #28 
Dakieda

Yay! You can see how much it changed the whole look of the tank via my profile albums, under Alduins album :3 It really does make a huge difference. Before it was so yellow it looked like I had put tannins in the water. xD
Old 03-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #29 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yay! It looks great!