Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #61 
zombieaddict

I feel for the servers in the food industry! The work is hard and sometimes people are just... ugh. Be it customers or management, I'm familiar with the horror stories. Currently I work as a sub for an assisted living program and I'll take a grumpy client with developmental disabilities to explain their behavior over a nasty customer being downright rude to their waitress because of something going on in the restaurant that said waitress has no control over.
zombieaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #62 
dramaqueen
Banned

We were out with my brother one time at a Cracker Barrel and he asked for mashed potatoes with no gravy. Well, it came and had gravy on it. He didn't really raise his voice but he kept saying I specifically said no gravy and there's gravy on my potatoes! The manager comes over and asks if something is wrong. My brother said it again. They apologized and took the plate back. I thought, man, he better watch out. Someone is going to end up spitting in his food or worse!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #63 
zombieaddict

Whenever I worked in food service and retail, I was pretty good at the "kill 'em with kindness" technique. When people got snappy or sassy, I just made a point of smiling more and being extra polite and accommodating. There's no better revenge than making someone realize on their own that they're being a tool. Then you just smile and walk away. Bwa haha!

But your brother didn't sound like he was being unreasonable, dramaqueen. If you ask for your food to be a certain way, they should either do what they can to meet your needs or tell you up front that they aren't able to do so. Now if he were to start being nasty to the server and acting like what went on in the kitchen was their fault, /that/ would be unreasonable.

Last edited by zombieaddict; 12-02-2013 at 01:23 PM.
zombieaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #64 
dramaqueen
Banned

It was his tone of voice that I don't like.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote