Betta Fish Forum banner

slow motion baby double halfmoon betta

868 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  bettafishfinnatic 
#1 ·
so today i brought home 2 beautiful boys from elemers fish supply store. they are known for some of the best well-bred fish and in particular betta fish. so i got a 6 month old super male delta who is absoultly gorgeous. but, that is not my problem you see i also got a 7 week old double half moon betta. he is my problem.

i put my double in a XL critter cage in which i used to have hermit cabs in. i thoroughly cleaned it out with out any soaps. my gravel which is blood red was leaking its dyes so i scrubbed it so it wouldnt and it seemed to be fine after that.

i put some extra rocks that i found camping in there as well yet i still cleanded them not scrubbed put gently rubbed them with water and nothing else. i also got 2 new plants today as well and put some of eachin my community tankand betta bowls. my plants are cabomba and well i forget the other (stupid is what i am sometimes). i took the rocks out now just to see if he would get any better

my double is red with super large tails and dorsals for such a youngin... he also has a white head and tiny eyes and a tiny mouth as well. the water is somewhat cloudy and has a white color to it.
he likes to lay on the rocks and seems very very drowsy he barely ate his dinner i made it sink infront of him.
my dad says he is just stunned because of the change and to give him a few days...

he is in a critter cage, again, and no filter no heater or anything but he is beside the community tank witch gives off heat.
i dont know the PH of the water i can tell you its well water and the temp. is 77.
please help i dont want to lose him i havent lost any yet.
i may be able to post a pic later

See less See more
#2 ·
Today, right?

Some bettas sulk, sleep, or are stressed when they first arrive. Just let him settle in :)

#4 ·
Fish do sleep :) Some fish are not used to as much activity, and need to build themselves up to it - like we would for a marathon.

He is also a baby... being smaller, and you mentioned he has larger fins for a baby, which for long finned bettas it takes more effort to swim around :)

#6 ·
Not for today, and perhaps tomorrow. Some bettas do take a longer time to adjust. :) But keep an eye on him!!

And I will warn since he is a baby, it's a bit harder to care for him... But, good foods (preferably variety!!) and clean water he should do just fine.

Can we have a picture? =D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.