Betta Fish Forum banner

New boy (rescue betta)

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  sarap 
#1 ·
Found this boy at my local pet shop, and he was obviously not doing well. He just lay at the bottom of the tank, and did not move. Got him for half the price since the lady who worked there thought he would have died anyways. He didn't have a chance in the store.. So I took him home, and he keeps getting better. He's eating well, and is becoming more and more active. He has this hole in his head, so I'm not sure if I can get him healthy, but I will try my best. I'm absolutely in love with this little fellow! Colorwise he's exactly what I was looking for:)

#5 ·
What a sweetheart. I am sorry he is not doing well, but you will be surprised what a little love and warm water can do. Great job on a rescue.

#8 ·
There is something called hole in the head disease but I don't know much about it. I caused by a parasite - API general cure claims to be able to fix it. I don't know if they sell it in Norway though or what medication would be equilivant

General Cure™ Powder

Medications

Treats a wide variety of parasitic diseases including velvet, anchor worm, fish lice, hole-in-the-head disease (Hexamita spp. & Spironucleus spp.), gill & skin flukes (Dactylogyrus spp. & Gyrodactylus spp.). For use in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums. This medication will not color the aquarium water.

#12 ·
Hole in the head disease is often very hard to cure, especially in its later stages, but an improved diet with more vitamins and increasing the water quality by cleaning the tank and performing more frequent water changes might help. Improving the diet of the fish can include adding vitamins to the diet. Some sugest to even remove chemical filtration (ie carbon filters).

Its a desise common in oscar and discuss. http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/disease/holeinthehead.php

#14 ·
Thanks everybody:) I've read a lot of articles about the disease, and I am giving him frequently water changes, and high quality foods. He's getting better, and he's even hunting baby shrimps now, so I hope he will survive and I'm happy with his development. I've looked for a betta like him for a long time. He's really special.

#16 ·
more pictures, please! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.