Betta Fish Forum banner

I just realized I never properly introduced myself!

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  BettaxFishxCrazy 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I got here and immediately started posting and I just realized that I never properly introduced myself to the whole community

So a few facts about me:
-I'm 23
-I don't like giving out my full name online so you all can just call me Kai
-I'm from good old upstate new york where it's too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter
-Horses are my life, I have 2
-Betta fish are a close second, I have 4
-I love to cook, the food network is basically all I watch
-I'm in college but have NO IDEA what I want to do
-My dream is to just own my own petstore and breed all of the animals myself so i know they're all healthy and raised well.
-I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but i've learned a lot of good life lessons
-I love country music
-I drive a chevy
-And I want to become a world renowned betta breeder!

I can't wait to get to know everyone, make a lot of friends and learn a lot more about fish!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the Betta Forum!!!

I suggest you take a year off and try out a gig as a receptionist or office assistant... I originally set out to go to med school but after taking on a receptionist/accounting assistant job at a property management firm I might go into business. If you can get into an office where you can assist all the departments with accounting, marketing, office administration etc consider yourself lucky! It's like trying out a new job every week!

#6 ·
They are both Percheron/Thoroughbred Crosses, my gelding is 19 his name is Liberty and my mare is 5 her name is Amber!

Amber

Libby

Welcome...I'm from upstate NY as well... it's still snowing... going on day #6. When I measured yesterday there was at least 3 feet of snow. The snow banks are taller than my Jeep.:roll:
Wow that sounds like a lot of snow!! How far up are you?? I'm like an hour north of the city so its not really upstate hehe, im in the Hudson Valley.

#5 ·
Welcome...I'm from upstate NY as well... it's still snowing... going on day #6. When I measured yesterday there was at least 3 feet of snow. The snow banks are taller than my Jeep.:roll:

#8 ·
I live right near Lake Ontario, about 45 minutes from Syracuse. Fulton, a neighboring city, even made the national news a few days ago for 50" of snow in 9 days.

#10 ·
Hey kai :) im Emm. My account is new, but i had another one about a year ago, so not really new.
Great to meet you :)
Im 16, going to college next year, agree with you about not giving out your name, i love to cook (going to school for it), don't want food network (no TV) and love horses as well :) I used to take lessons, but life got ahead of me. I really really want a fresian, but alas no room to put her :( But my really close friends have 2 arabs, an ap, and a quarter horse that i have free visiting rights to :D

#11 ·
Hehe sounds like we have lots in common :)

aknight - That is insane! I hope that storm doesn't come anywhere near me! lol, it would be hard to see the horses in 50" of snow

#13 ·
Welcome!!!! Your horses are sooo beautiful! I have ROOM for a horse, but not enough time and money. :(

I have 10 bettas currently, had 10 for a while, then my red CT died of Dropsy. :( Just got my tenth today!! :D Pics later when she isn't stressed!

#14 ·
welcome to the forum! nice to meet you kai, wow we have a lot of stuff in common :) i'm meghan. i'm 22 and live in california. i LOVE animals. ever since i got into bettas i've dreamed about opening my own pet store too, with a big betta section that includes educating people on how to properly care for these wonderful fishies. i'm a momma to a domestic shorthair cat and 9 bettas. my sister has a lhasa apso named buster, and my mom has an american eskimo named jake, and a terrier mix named pepper ann. your horses are GORGEOUS! when i was younger i used to have 2 arabians. i would love to live in new york, i've never been there but know i'll go eventually.

#18 ·
Oh no, what did you do to your back?? I hurt my back November '08. I got run down by a crazy 3 year old gelding and ended up fracturing a disc in my lower back, I had to have the surgery cause the disc fragments were pinching a nerve and causing great deals of pain. I wasn't allowed to ride for about 6 months, and I still need to take it easy. I'll probably always have back trouble from now on :(

#19 ·
My SI joint is very inflamed and my pelvic bone moves all over and pinches the joint and my sciatica so sometimes my leg will go numb. The doctors think that it's from falling off of horses when i was younger, I rode a lot of horses I shouldn't have.lol And I always landed on my side whenever I fell off. Unfortunately there's nothing they can do for the SI joint except for fusing the joint to my bone, but since I'm only 21 and it's a 50/50% surgery, they won't do it on me. I know of a lot of people that have back problems because of horses, which kind of makes sense if you think about it. We really aren't built to straddle something as wide as a horse.lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.