Betta Fish Forum banner

What do you think!!??

3K views 51 replies 17 participants last post by  gmd1800 
#1 ·
#31 ·
The aquarium is nice, but tetra products usually aren't very good quality. If you are low on space and money I don't see a problem with that tank though. I got a 2 gallon at petsmart for the same price. It hardly takes up any room. Its is tall, not wide and the fish love it. Here it is if you are interested.

I know it seems small in the picture, but it is really very good for betta fish and really takes up no more room than a 1g. For heaters, I use my old goldfish heater, I have no idea where it came from. It was just there. Hehe. Anyways here are some ideas:
(this one is for if you decide to get a bowl)

( This next one is made for small aquariums, 1-3 gallons)

Anyways, I hope this helped you out a bit. Good luck with your fish!

#32 · (Edited)
"Windblowswolf" as for money i have well alot of christmas money (yes i know it was awhile ago i refused to spend) around 140$$ mayby more :eek:mg: and as for space....its going to go in my room on my desk or dresser. Does that help??
*my parents insist that bettas dont need heaters of very large tanks so im pretty much forrbidden to spend*

#33 ·
I suggest either the Aqua Scene 2 gallon or the Aqueon Mini Bow Desktop 2.5 gal. Both have built in filters and light hoods. I don't know it they have currents so be careful about that but these are both cheap. Around $20. Next you need a thermometer around $3. You need a heater. The Marina mini or Betta Therm heaters are around $20. Gravel for the bottom will be around $2. Petco has some silk plants for around $5 or you could get a live plant which is a little more. The pellets are around $3 and conditioner for the water is $4. If you want to take some stress of your fish or have it for when he gets injured you can get aquarium salt for $8. The fish itself is $3. That gives a total of $70. So I suggest you ask your parents for $70 to buy everything and don't tell them the heater is included. If you don't get the heater you're betta will be ok but stressed and won't live too long. You could always go the rout of asking for something you REALLY want that is $20 then saying you'd rather have a heater for the fish. Or if you buy a lot of clothes or get milkshakes at a store or something, tell them to not buy those for a week or a month. Find a way to save them money and convince them you REALLY want the heater and they might let you have it.

#50 ·
I suggest either the Aqua Scene 2 gallon or the Aqueon Mini Bow Desktop 2.5 gal. Both have built in filters and light hoods. I don't know it they have currents so be careful about that but these are both cheap. Around $20. Next you need a thermometer around $3. You need a heater. The Marina mini or Betta Therm heaters are around $20. Gravel for the bottom will be around $2. Petco has some silk plants for around $5 or you could get a live plant which is a little more. The pellets are around $3 and conditioner for the water is $4. If you want to take some stress of your fish or have it for when he gets injured you can get aquarium salt for $8. The fish itself is $3. That gives a total of $70. So I suggest you ask your parents for $70 to buy everything and don't tell them the heater is included. If you don't get the heater you're betta will be ok but stressed and won't live too long. You could always go the rout of asking for something you REALLY want that is $20 then saying you'd rather have a heater for the fish. Or if you buy a lot of clothes or get milkshakes at a store or something, tell them to not buy those for a week or a month. Find a way to save them money and convince them you REALLY want the heater and they might let you have it.
No, I have the Aqua Scene 2 and it doesn't have a filter. It has a bubbler. I wouldn't reccomend that tank though, it is a pain to set up the I was furious with the design of the bubbler and riser tube. If anything, I would get the Mini Bow 2.5. They really don't take up much room.

#34 ·
^_^ yay or i might convince them when i go to the store to buy my fisheh im convincing like that *evily plots*

#48 ·
most of mah babies live in 2~2.5 gallon KK's. they're not the prettiest tank out there, but they work. :3 shoot, Zidane lives in a 2 gallon Sterilite bin! x3 i have the 1.5 in the OP, and Caroline adores it. i have it set up all pretty, with some very natural-looking plastic plants and her tiny Ball O' Java Moss. she adores roaming around, scooting between the plants and getting mad at them when they don't move the way she wants them to. x3c i'm hoping to get her a heater tomorrow, when i get to the pet store. :3

#49 ·
Yep I have a 2.5 gal from petsmart. The base it's 12"x6" and it's 8" high. I'll attach a picture of it for you (the food next to it gives some sense of scale but it's still kinda hard to tell if you don't know what the other things in my room look like). Since this picture was taken I've moved it to one of the two 14" wide spaces to the sides of my monitor on my desk. It's perfect fit!

p.s. - I posted this on a different thread and someone commented on having paper as a light shade. In case you are seeing this I have replaced that with aluminum foil thanks to your suggestion

Attachments

#52 ·
I have an Aquaview 360 from Walmart (about 30 bucks for a 3 gallon. A 2 gallon might be a few dollars cheaper). The heater I bought was from PetSmart.

This one, if I'm not mistaken: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4134008
I got the 10W one, and it's been in the aquarium for a couple of hours and the water is now optimum temperature (it was 68 degrees before I put it in there). I got it for about 18 dollars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.