Betta Fish Forum banner

Question re divided tanks.

453 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jeanclaudeasher 
#1 ·
I have divided the 20 gallon long tank, but I see that the water isn't circulating through the tank like I think it should. There is a slight film on top of the two ends, but the middle divided space looks clear. I have baffled the filter so the water is jetting out both sides now toward each end, but I can tell that the water surfaces aren't circulating. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this when they divided their tanks, and what you did about it.

thank you:)

#2 ·
Yes I have had the same problem with my divided 29 gallon tank. It seems to be worse in the summer when the temperature outside is warmer. I got a small 10 gallon filter to put on the other side of my divider. It helps keep the water on both sides circulating. You could also get an airstone and put it on the other side of the divider.

#3 ·
If you get spend the money on a small filter or an airstone, I used to take an old fish net and simply scoop the film off the surface. It usually came back in a day or two so I would have to do it frequently but the film didnt get too bad that way

#5 ·
I prefer the filter better simply because it seems to help out the filter meant for the 29 gallon tank, also my tank is in my bedroom and all the airstones/airpump I have tried so far were too noisy to sleep with

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.