Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Fish Awareness T-shirt Project

4K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  Little Leaf 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I am an artist but I feel the more ideas I get: the better!

I've wanted to make T-shirts for Betta Fish Awareness... I need many ideas for what's best to do!

The awareness I want to target: to positively target bettas living environment myths and how harmful it is to have them in a bowl with no heater.

Simple designs are usually best, as people sometimes only glimpse at what your wearing and don't spend a lot of time looking at it. However, there can be more detail for those with questions to get them answered simply by looking at the shirt.

I want to sell these shirts, but I do want to provide a good discount to those who helped out. I don't expect a huge profit or anything out of them since I don't want to ask for much $ each shirt. Ideas? :)

Other: What websites should I show on the shirt, if any? Would they allow that? What's the best way to say ''do your research''?

#8 ·
Love IllBETHEJIDGE's idea lol.

I think on the front of the shirt have a betta in a tiny bowl then on the back have the following

I am not a fish...
I am a living breathing creature who has a personality
I am not a decoration...
I am an animal like you
I am not a pet...
I am a family member
I am a betta and am abused my most owners
Let me show you my true beauty
Give me a loveing home
Do your research so you can let me shine like I am suppose too
Flourish like I was created too
And be loved like I always wanted too
Because I am a betta

Yes I just made that up off the top of my head XD

#11 ·
I'd suggest a simple bowl and betta on the front with the question "Happy betta?"

Then on the back a far more dramatic drawing of the betta punching/bursting through the fish bowl glass and the exclamation 'NO!'

A little cartoonie, but dynamic and it'll make people think about it.

I think this is a great idea btw - and I think for teh sites...well, the one that sells teh shirt (if not your own site) might want to be on it. Or if you sell it through art sites (say Deviant Art). Not sure how that all works out tho.

#13 ·
They ARE fish though. But fish are living, breathing and feeling beings.

Also, people won't be able to read that much, that fast.

It would be an AMAZING poster though!

Maybe have a picture of rice paddies on the front with "Puddle?" underneath? And a betta on the back, or vice versa?

With the betta on the "breast" of the shirt, and the patty/puddle on the back?
or by the rice paddy image "NOT A PUDDLE"

#16 ·
Good thing we only use our brain storming for good, Syriiven, just think how much trouble the world would be in if we combined our powers for evil! -eyebrow raise- LOL

#19 ·
I like ill be the judge's idea. You can make the human appear cold and the betta appear cozy and comfortable. It's funny but sends a powerful message. You could also add a thermometer in the bowl stating the temperature. Maybe a calendar in the back ground with really spaced out feeding days and the betta feeding the human leftovers of some sort like a bone with barely any meat on it. Just ideas I think will add to the power

#21 ·
Ummm........ Maybe this: Have a betta in a SMALL little cup and draw the betta freezing cold and behind like jail bars. Say "Bettas are living things to! Treat them with respect like you would for another creature."

#24 ·

#30 ·
you could write on the back:

"Bettas are like you. Treat them like family" and then draw a small heart at the end of the sentence?

I'm trying so hard to help ;-;

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.