Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta over obsessed with cave

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sainthogan 
#1 ·
Anyone else have an over obsessed betta? He refuses to come out unless he comes up for air or I stare inside

#2 ·
How long have you had him? Is he in a filtered tank? Could be he's still adjusting or if its filtered that is a calm place for him to get out of the current. My Bettas rarely stay in caves for long especially if they see me or hear the lid open. They come RUNNING because they think there's about to be food.

#5 ·
Mine did that too, even though she was sick when she went in her new tank (she was sick because of my naivety and I had her in too small of a tank with too few water changes and no heater). She would swim around until exhausted, then float to the top and rest for a long time, then swim around again checking everything out. Now, even though she has a pineapple home to hide in, she rarely goes in it and actually sleeps and rests right out in the open. In fact, I've only seen her in it a few times. I have plants and plenty of hiding places, but she doesn't use them, instead, she sleeps on the gravel right next to the plants, or on top of their root bulbs, but still very exposed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.