Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta is Cave Obsessed?

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Mermaid Fish 
#1 ·
I recently put a new cave in my betta's tank (One of those tiki-tower things from PetSmart) and my betta like... lives in it constantly xD I hardly ever see him leave it anymore, I rather miss seeing him swimming around... Initially, the cave had some sharp edges that I missed, and tore his fins--I sanded everything down thoroughly, and am dosing him for minor fin rot, but since he rarely swims out of the cave--even for food time--it's hard to tell how his fins are doing. Is this behavior abnormal? Or is he just cave happy? (I've had other caves, before, but he never seemed as crazy for them as he is with this one... it's almost cute how much he likes it!)

#4 ·
Well that is pretty normal behavior! He just loves you for the cave but he cant get out of it long enough to tell you lol!

When did you get him is he a new betta added to your collection?

Also, he might like it because he is claiming his territory and searching it.

#5 ·
Haha. It sounds like he really approves of his new interior decorating. Perhaps he is a fish with a sense of style. How cute!

#6 ·
Lol my betta is plant happy...he'll go into the deepest depths of his plants to the point where i don't even know where he is anymore lol. He only comes out for food and air. lol So i assume your betta is acting pretty normally IMO/E.

#7 ·
I've had him for about 2 and a half months now :) Pretty red-blue-green delta-tail (advertised as a half moon at the pet store, but his tail doesn't open that wide!) Good to know he's happy ;) I've had him in this tank for about a month, a 2.5gal Critter Carrier. Currently saving up money and researching a good 3-gal tank for him to be in.

#11 ·
Blue never hides anywhere o_O He doesnt use his cave or anything xD He seems to like his plants though, he sorta swims through them LOL!

#16 ·
I have a castle in my tank with 2 holes in it and never thought he could fit his tail in,but he did. First time not seeing him you think" omg where is he i'm not stepping on him right!" He was so shy I put frogs in his tank and now he almost never goes back in! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.