Betta Fish Forum banner

R.I.P Anardil

944 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  naturegirl243 
#1 ·
He has been really weird lately and hiding alot so when he did not come up to eat I figured something was wrong.I literally could not find him in the tank, so the next day when he didn't come up I went on a full on search for him turns out he was dead nose down in a rubber coral plant thing I got at petco he blended in so well I barely saw him.:cry: I had him for two years I got him at our petsmart he was the only fish I ever bought as an impulse buy.I'm going to miss him he was our little cooking buddy cause he loved to show off while anyone was in the kitchin(he lived in the kitchin)I guess he just got old:cry:.The first picture is from when I first got him, the second is a more recent after he had started tail bitting a year ago his tail never grew back all the way.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss! I also apoligize, I didn't see this thread! He was gorgeous, I'm sorry you lost him. But it sounds like he had a happy, long life! Ugh, I know what a pain tail biting can be. My HM was about a month away from his tail being almost perfect after a filter shredded it to bits, and guess what? He gnawed 3 months work back to it's previous condition in 2 weeks. Roar! I'm sorry about your betta.

#4 ·
Sorry, I will be really honest with you;

I hate when something dies, even plants. So I kinda prefer to avoid "death threads".

This whole section is kinda a "try to avoid" thing for me. I know it hurts a lot when something you cared died, try hugging a pillow, that's my e-hug for you.

But things will work out, try thinking that he's in a better place now, and you cared for him and he's thankful for all the attention you gave him throughout the years.

Just smile and say "Buddy, we had a long run, and we enjoyed every moment of it, thanks a lot for your company, the moments we both were down, the moments we played, all of it. I hope you can hear me saying this and I wish you luck in what's ahead of you, if you ever wish to come back to me in a new run, let me know and I will make sure to save 5 bucks to buy you straight away from the market again! May you rest in peace buddy!"

#5 ·
Thanks guys!
Bettalover:Bummer about your HM
SillyCone: I usually avoid the death threads too I try to read some of them but sometimes they are just so sad.Thanks for the e-hug.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.