Betta Fish Forum banner

Death.

Tags
aloe death sad
2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  bonfiliof 
#1 ·
My first Betta Aloe, died today. I just finished cleaning tanks and when I came back upstairs to check on them, he was dead.

I loved him so much... I've been crying ever since.

I really feel like a failure. He had fin rot, but was going away. I've only had him for a year and he's dead, I'm such a stupid owner.

I don't know how he died, but it must be my fault, I feel so bad...:blueworry::sad:

R.I.P.
Aloe Vera. God bless.

#4 ·
I'm so sorry. Don't blame yourself though. We take the best care of our buddies that we can and we lose them sometimes in spite of that.

I'm sure he was one happy fishy while you had him.

#9 ·
I'm so sorry to hear about your fish! The same thing happened to me yesterday, I came home and found my first pet fish, Fern, dead! It was horrible, and I feel like it's my fault for some reason. If it makes you feel any better, Fern was only in my care for 6 months...a year is much better than that!

My boyfriend and one of my brothers keep making fun of my sister and I because we are so upset about Fern's death. No one takes it seriously, and it's really frustrating. I've been getting a lot of the "it's just a fish" treatment too. Why are people so ignorant? :[

#10 ·
I am so sorry to hear about Aloe!! I had a betta growing up and just yesterday went out and bought 2 and had them in a divided tank. Now they are BOTH dead!! One died this morning and the other this afternoon. I did purchase another one this evening and put him in a tank by himself. I pray he does okay!! RIP Aloe!!

#11 ·
I was clening Finns tank so he was taking a salt bath. i finshed cleaning and left the water to sit. i come back up and dont even notice hes dead untell im just about to go to bed.=( im pretty shur it was my fault. i think i put to much salt in his little bowl.=( i hate it when people say "its just a stupid fish". i have a very consedrent friend (also a betta lover) and she was very simpathetic. only the people who have had a fish seem to really understand.

#13 ·
Sorry about Aloe
Don't be so hard on yourself, it's a learning process taking care of fish (As I know since I just lost our first betta to Dropsy, had him for almost 2 years). Unfortunately I think fish are the hardest pets to see if they are sick and how to treat it quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.